Daisy Atomic Disintegrator

kennetzel

Here is the Daisy Atomic Disintegrator. Thanks to Tinplate6 for posting the pic.

UPDATE: Here is the modified pic thanks to Phil R. I got the original pic from this Alphadrome post http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/index.php?showtopic=9928 So I didn't Photoshop it. I don't know who did, but it did mislead me. As I said, I really don't collect ray guns or know anything about them, so I draw them as I see them.

post-125-1274713041.jpg

Beautiful job, Ken! I hate to correct you but Doc A will do it If I don't. the gun is made by Pyro Plastics, as in Pyrotomic Disintegrator. Aslo you missed the short rod under the barrel. I'm sure that was just a slip on your part. :rolleyes:

Sorry about the mix up on the manufacturer...I am really not familiar with ray guns at all. I just draw them. As far as the rod you are talking about...it was not on the pic I drew from. So I am not sure where it goes or what it looks like.

post-125-1274652926.jpg

Thanks Phil. I'll put it in. Here is the funny thing. The pics look identicle. In fact it looks like the shadow of the rod is in the pic I drew from. It's like someone photoshopped it out...I wonder why. Wierd.

Um... Ken -- you're right! There are a number of tells in the photo. It's definitely my gun, but with the small rod photoshopped out. If you look at the front ring, you can see some nicks in the plastic. There's also a particular swirl of silver plastic that appears on the underside of the barrel in both photos. Finally, if you look in the shadows cast by the front of the handle, you can see some swoopy reflections of light that are identical in both photos.

Like you said: Weird!

Exactly...that's how I recognized it as the same pic...the reflecting light in front of the handle. And like I said, it looks like part of the shadow of the rod is still on the pic. Why would someone phothshop out the rod if it is a major part of the design. I don't get it. I am in the process of fixing it and will repost it as soon as I am done. Oh and thanks for posting such clear pics of the guns. Great reference material...as long as someone doesn't mess with it. But they are great pics, very clear. Excellent for reference for either artists or just someone interested in the design.

Okay, here is the gun updated. I will try to see if can change it in the original post...not sure how, but I will give it a shot...again. I did it once a few minutes ago and thought I did it right, but it was the old pic. So here it is done right.

post-125-1274713259.jpg

Archived