Ray Gun Drawings

kennetzel

I was asked at Botstock VII why I don't draw any ray guns. I have done a couple and here they are. And since it was a request, and I am always looking for more stuff to draw, I will probably go on a bender drawing some ray guns which I will post here. The gold one was drawn using the image in the book ZAP...it is just like the blue one Joe has on the wall of his store with the blueprints. Thanks all for the compliments and interest in my work.

post-125-1274353018.jpg

post-125-1274353088.jpg

I have done a lot of phasers and other weapons from sci fi. But this one I am proud of. The Battlestar Galactica Laser Pistol.

post-125-1274353183.jpg

Ken,

More great artwork!! Looking forward to seeing more great raygun art.

Great job on the guns, Ken. your work is excellent. I have a request. If you haven't done it, how about the Robby Space Patrol sled? :P

Hey Phil...I did one of Robby in the sled a while ago...it is a bit primative. My skills have improved since then. I may do an updated version.

post-125-1274363491.jpg

Hi Ken:

It was wonderful to see you and Pam at BS 7.

I have admired you graffics since you started to do them again.

I know that any one that has mind to do it can down load and print their own images

but I for one would like to have a limited editon print signed by you.

( I'm willing and am sure others would also be willing to buy.)

Not sure where this can go from here.

Have Fun!

Mr. Jan

Thanks Mr. Jan. It was great meeting you and your wife at Botstock as well.

That is something I never thought of. I wouldn't know what pic would be good for something like that. I would think it would have to be Alphadrome related...like the Alphabot or something. I would feel funny drawing something someone else designed, like a robot or ray gun, and signing my name to it. It's just been habit to draw them and post them. I am open to ideas...but that is a direction I never really considered. Thanks.

Ken, you may be drawing other people's stuff, but it's your interpretation of them that makes them so cool. Isn't that basically what Andy Warhol did? Leslie Singer has a beautiful (and big) painting of an existing ray gun by Peter Max.

You have a good point Andy. I guess there would be no problem with that. But I was thinking it would be cool to do a drawing of the existing Alphabot...which I already did, or a drawing of the possible new one coming out and tie it in with that project. But hey, this is just the start. I am open to ideas.

Archived