1953 - Space Clicker Ray Gun by Palmer

Joe K.

This site:

http://cjdotcom.homestead.com/ToySpaceGuns.html

describes it as: 1953 Palmer Space Clicker Gun.

Did Palmer make any other space guns/toys?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, wait...there's more...

Justin's Toy Ray Gun site depicts this gun (Space Clicker) and describes it this way:

"Made by U.S. Plastics in 1953, this wonderfully designed space gun is a different color on each side. Sporting a flamboyant front site at the end of the barrel as well as stars and planets on the handle, this gun is as "spacey" as it gets. Length 5 inches."

Is Palmer the same as U.S. Plastics?

As I said in the other thread (we should probably consolidate this stuff...), I knew it as being a U.S. Plastics gun based on Eugene Metcalf's book, Ray Gun.

Without any solid evidence either way, I'm inclined to go with Metcalf for now. Ray Gun also lists the toy as being 1953, so clearly Gene was on to something.

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen, this might have been made by Palmer Plastics, but it was distributed by someone else. I have finally seen this gun mint in the bag with a yellow header card, the accompanying narrative says...

"1950s clicker space ray gun. On the gun grip there are spaceships,stars and a planet that looks like saturn.The gun is in the original package [marked] Serve A Toy, Lee Products Co., Atlanta Ga.The price of the gun is marked .19 cents.The gun is 4 3/4 in long and 3 1/4 in from the rear sight to the bottom of the grip.When you pull the trigger it clicks.One side of the gun is yellow and the other side is black."

Unfortunately, I could not copy the photo :rolleyes: , but it is the same gun. :D

• 6 years later...

Archived