Tudor Rose Guns...where Are They All?

Tinplate6

Ok, a simple question, with all the space guns that went into production over the years, why are the Tudor Rose guns so bloody rare?! :unsure: Their designs are among the most beautiful I've ever seen. Now I know this company was prolific in their production, so why can't we find them more often? Is it because the guns are only circulating in the UK? Were they fragile and few survived? I want answers! Can anyone enlighten me?

I think I might have, oh...maybe 5 in my collection :rolleyes: , compared to their output, that's peanuts. :mellow:

Blech, see? I said maybe...I apparently have even less than that, I confused my Merit and Lonestar guns with Tudor Rose :rolleyes: . Now I'm really depressed, it seems I only have ONE example :closedeyes: ...The Atomic Ray Pistol in bronze plastic.

post-656-1272087371.jpg

I honestly thought I had more, but that makes my case even more urgent...where are they all?

Maybe they're still in people's attics - there always seems to be a lot of shows from Britain on things people find in their attics.

On a more serious note I wonder if it's a cultural difference. I know here in Australia for instance people are strong on collecting pressed steel toys and pedal cars and you can find out a lot about them but Australian made plastic toys aren't discussed possibly because people think they all came from Japan or Hong Kong. Maybe something similar happens in the UK and so most people think it's an old plastic toy not much value in it so throw it out.

From Toyman's post there are these examples.

post-143-1266428384.jpg

post-143-1266430287.jpg

post-1110-1272027024.jpg

ANZ...it's precisely those photos that got me on this tirade to begin with! :o Just look at that incredible rifle, absolute poetry in motion. :wub: Just look at these examples...

post-656-1272104150.jpg

post-656-1272104472.jpg

My favorite is the little silver one.

Is there any chance that we can get some more opinions from our UK members? :blink: Perhaps even photos of other, as yet unknown Tudor Rose guns? :mellow:

Archived