1951 - Zoomeray By Tigrett

Joe K.

Great find, Joe!

"The Billboard" magazine later transformed into "Billboard," famous for the top-200 list of songs. But in the Fifties, it apparently covered not only music, but also film, novelties, circuses and fairs, and other random entertainment outlets. Including, I guess, toys.

Here are the pics:

THE LISTING. It's quite tiny, just one line. I wasn't able to zoom in without losing resolution. It says, simply, "Tigrett Enterprises has introduced a toy called Zoomeray, a wrist-action plastic toy to retail for 49 cents."

post-124-1271942247.jpg

THE COVER.

post-124-1271942236.jpg

Great find, Joe!

"The Billboard" magazine later transformed into "Billboard," famous for the top-200 list of songs. But in the Fifties, it apparently covered not only music, but also film, novelties, circuses and fairs, and other random entertainment outlets. Including, I guess, toys.

Here are the pics:

THE LISTING. It's quite tiny, just one line. I wasn't able to zoom in without losing resolution. It says, simply, "Tigrett Enterprises has introduced a toy called Zoomeray, a wrist-action plastic toy to retail for 49 cents."

49 cents?!! :huh: That's outrageous! I won't pay it! -_- :blink: :lol:

• 6 years later...

Here's an even earlier sighting, this time in the March, 1951 issue of Playthings magazine:

1951 playthings march date.jpg

1951 playthings ad zoomeray.jpg

This appears to be the same image as in the fifth post in this thread.

The recently ended listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MARCH-1951-PLAYTHINGS-TOY-INDUSTRY-MAGAZINE-558-PAGES-EMENEE-NOSCO-ETC-/311656089667?hash=item4890268843%3Ag%3ArcsAAOSwRgJXhnHx&nma=true&si=WkS%2Bh%2FVZu5X0JhSL%2FD4TZG%2FFwOM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Even though this copy is missing the cover, most pages are dated at the bottom.

• 1 year later...

Archived