Ttt Radar Robot....

robothunter

I had the opprotunity to play with the TTT Radar Robot proto-type today at a certain toy store here in NYC, and I have to tell you guys it's just beautiful and an amazing robot for $150 clams. I was amazed at how nuce a toy it is, especially the robot head shaped remote-control unit. In all fairness, as I don't have an original, I can't say for sure how dead-on it is in exact size & detail. But for what it is, it's a great robot!

I'm delighted to hear it. I just ordered a pre sale one from that same un named toys store! They have free shipping going on ebay right now.

When is the official Radar Robot release date for NeatStuff, Bill...? And the various RR contest drawings? I guess I could look up this info on the respective websites, if I wasn't such a slacker....

Glad to hear it's a beauty. I thought it would be, as TTT is getting better with each issue. I love my Thunder!

PS: What's with the "unnamed" toy store? What am I missing here?

i see the radar robot has a number on the box, something like. ttt2025 A.

this can only mean all those zoomer variants sure to follow ! i have always fancied that gray, red and black version. do i see a ttt2025 B ????

Zesko, I was gonna do that, but you stole my thunder (no pun intended)!

Yes, TOY TOKYO is the only store in Manhattan that carries this stuff. The place is PACKED with character toys, robots and vintage stuff, most of it reasonably priced. But why is this called the "unnamed" store?

Interesting, TOY TOKYO is located above another vintage toy store called LOVE SAVES THE DAY-- lots of garbage in LSTD, way overpriced. LOVE SAVES THE DAY (and DARROW'S FUN ANTIQUES, located uptown) formerly held a monopoly on old toys in Manhattan, and they squeezed every last dime out of a toy. Thank god for eBay.

PS: Anyone notice how the price of vintage toys has dropped on eBay. Complete LIS Roto Jet guns selling for $325 and $450. I remember when this toy could easily fetch $2000 in TOY SHOP MAGAZINE.

Sonny - The reason I didn't name the toy store in question is because a while back some people were accused of giving too much press to one dealer over another (such as Toy Tokyo vs. Neat Stuff) so to stay out of that mess a lot of us stopped saying exactly where we bought toys or saw certain toys or who we thought gave better service, etc. Now that I think about it it all sounds pretty silly, doesn't it? We should be able to express whatever opinion we have about any one we do business with and let everybody make their own decisions as to where they spend their money.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if the radar robots are coming in the 2 different colour variants as the originals did?

dark brown and olive green(ish).

this would be nice.

Well besides the one color we have seen on all dealers websites,

I just noticed this one which is supposed to be a special color for

this particular dealer for a contest. Then again, I heard that TTT will

include one of these in random cartons of Radars to dealers...

like easter eggs! Then again, I hear way too many things :rolleyes:

It's a pretty obscure link, so click here to view.

Archived