Candy Colored Clicker

dratomic

For my birthday, I decided to treat myself to this colorful little gun. I'm not sure who made it, I'm not positive when it was manufactured, and I have no idea whether it's all that rare. But I loved the bright colors and spacey design, and decided to go for it when it popped up on eBay.

candyclicker_side_edit.jpg

It's a pretty simple weapon. Pulling the trigger makes a clicking sound, and there's one of those "whooshing" whistles in the back. Not much else to it.

candyclicker_top_edit.jpg

Having had a chance to examine it closely, I'm inclined to think it's from the early Fifties. The plastic is thin and brittle, much cheaper than the plastic that comes up on later toys. Even it's lack of markings make me think it's older -- most ray guns (not all, but most) from the Sixties were made in Hong Kong, and were marked as such. Whereas American space guns in the Fifties were sometimes completely unmarked. It's total speculation on my part, I realize, but whatever. I'd feel pretty comfortable betting on it being from the 1950s.

More pics at my blog.

Anyone have any info on this one?

It's a beaut, Doc! Like an archiological dig, your "find" adds to the collective enjoyment that is... (drum roll, please)..."Space Gun Collecting at its Finest!" I lift my glass of scotch to you!

Nice pickup Brian! I haven't seen it before either but it is cool looking. Happy Birthday!

Brian, I saw it on Ebay and thought about bidding. I'm glad you bought it. It looks even better with your photography. A very interesting gun. What's the size?

Neat...congratulations and Happy Birthday. :) Yes, you beat me out on this one :rolleyes: , and your photos are great, really nice gun :wub: ...clean and simple as well as colorful! ^_^ However, we shall meet again on that battlefield, and you might not be so lucky next time Doctor Atomic! Muah-ha-ha! :lol: :blink: ;)

Archived