Now A Model Citizen

tinluver2

I was so taken by the original model thread that it totally turned me on to these guys.Much harder to find then my robots or rockets that I no longer have, and thank goodness not as many out there to find.This is what i have so far, thought I would share with you guys.

post-541-1270506777.jpgDscn0466sm.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing, Les! Love the Manmos King and Samson box art.

I find collecting models -- any models -- to be kind of tricky. I never know how to answer the "Build or Not Build" question. On one hand, I want to have the toy robots -- especially with these models, where the robots actually move and fire missiles and do all sorts of neat things. But I don't want to be the jerk who ruins a mint, unopened, unbuilt kit! These toys have survived in pristine condition for 30, 40, 50 years...

I'm positively torn on the issue. I think both options are 100% correct! :blink:

I'm guessing the built up robots were purchased that way, right? Or did you build a couple of them yourself?

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see what else you add to the collection!

Amazing, Les! Love the Manmos King and Samson box art.

I find collecting models -- any models -- to be kind of tricky. I never know how to answer the "Build or Not Build" question. On one hand, I want to have the toy robots -- especially with these models, where the robots actually move and fire missiles and do all sorts of neat things. But I don't want to be the jerk who ruins a mint, unopened, unbuilt kit! These toys have survived in pristine condition for 30, 40, 50 years...

I'm positively torn on the issue. I think both options are 100% correct! :blink:

I'm guessing the built up robots were purchased that way, right? Or did you build a couple of them yourself?

Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see what else you add to the collection!

Thanks Doc, very hard to molest these very tough to find kits.I love the box art as much as the robots and as we know much of the time the box is better then the toy.The built models were bought that way, just fixed up and fine tuned if needed.

Here is a better pic of one of my favorites.Very small but cool.Right out of my childhood TV shows!

post-541-1270507771.jpg

That's really cool, Les. Does the model do anything (walk, shoot missiles, beat up other models)?

Sits on a springy base that would absolutley make you think he is flying in space.Totally 3D.....Sure.....just wobbles around but very neat:) I think this guy is definitly a take off of 1955 TV series Commando Cody details are very much the same.

Awesome collection LES ! Glad your back in the hobby again.

Everytime I try to get out I get puuuuuuuuulled right back in:) If I don;t collect might have to have a normal life....no can do:)

Awesome! No - super awesome!!

I love the hell out of these Les. That small box is just incredible.

I'm looking forward to the future of your collection too. You've got the eye and the drive. Go man go! :D

Awesome! No - super awesome!!

I love the hell out of these Les. That small box is just incredible.

I'm looking forward to the future of your collection too. You've got the eye and the drive. Go man go! :D

Thanks for your words guys,sure to keep me driven and poor!

Here is a close up of another mini kit,probably like a penny toy,unknowm brand.I think to be a take off of Manmos King

post-541-1270555426.jpgDscn0508UNKNOWN2sm.jpg

Here are my pair of Aces; Black Ace by Midori.Sorry but now that I've learned to resize I am post happy.

post-541-1270555906.jpgDscn0325BLACKACEsm.jpg

very cool collection of these kits! I absolutly love them, thanks for showing,

it is so different from the "known" tin and plastic robots,

could you show some inside the box details?

especially the manmos king I'm very curious,

I recently restored a mr.flash and curious how the inner parts are different,

he has some kind of lever on his chest, and the antenna rotates, not?

again very cool you collect these! last year I bought the book (from the topic) and enjoy it every time I browse it, these strange robots!

I can imagine good you turned totally to these kits!

Archived