New Line Of Robots I'm Working On

Andyman

I think I'm going to call them "Andymechs". Let's see if you can guess at the common parts.

post-231-1270130120.jpg

post-231-1270130133.jpg

post-231-1270130145.jpg

More details after a few guesses. 😉

AM_1b_sm.jpgAM_2a_sm.jpgAM_3d_sm.jpg

As always, Andy, very creative use of common (and not-so-common) objects. They look great!

The domes might be Easter eggs and the bodies look like shampoo/mouthwash bottle tops (inverted, of course). Those smooth areas above the numbers are where you need to squeeze to overcome the child-resistant feature.

The feet...well, I need to think about them a bit more. A quick guess would. again, be some kind of bottle top or tube cap???

Joe for the win! The main bodies are indeed mouthwash caps and the domes are plastic Easter eggs. Good guess on the feet, too. They're Tropicana orange juice caps. They're shaped like oranges.

These are parts I been reluctant to throw away over the years because they are such neat shapes. They started to pile up so I thought I'd better do something with them.

(And yes Randy, I still have a considerable supply of paper shredder blades. ;))

post-231-1270141873.jpg

post-231-1270141892.jpg

Except for a couple, the main piece inside the head is the lens assembly from the laser inside DVD & CD players. They make a great "HAL" like eye that looks pretty cool when it catches the light (#5 actually has two). I added some other electronic bits and pieces to fill them out.

post-231-1270142107.jpg

post-231-1270142125.jpg

That's all I have so far but I have plenty more mouthwash caps, Easter eggs, orange juice caps and numbers! ;)

What a GREAT Army you got there Andyman! Love 'em all! I hope to see more?

I know....I know when am I gonna get my arse in gear and build more....Right?

can I have Five? That's Number 5......get it? lol

again, GREAT job! keep up the building!

MMM

Great design, Andy! Better your robots do have orange juice caps than orange peel syndrom. :lol: Love No.4 B)

Looking good!

From the sounds of the way you hoard and collect junk, we need to send those 2 guys from Pickins on the History channel to check out your warehouse :rolleyes:

More great robots Andy!!!! Are the arms and legs on the first one electrolytic caps? Others have the sparkplug insulator arms and the shredder arms.

Looking good!

From the sounds of the way you hoard and collect junk, we need to send those 2 guys from Pickins on the History channel to check out your warehouse :rolleyes:

I don't think there is a market for the junk I collect. That is, until I put them together. ;)

More great robots Andy!!!! Are the arms and legs on the first one electrolytic caps? Others have the sparkplug insulator arms and the shredder arms.

You have a good eye, Joe. It's a new thing for me to use the capacitors as limbs but they can be tricky to work with. They're easily damaged in the prep process.

Thanks everybody! :)

I don't think there is a market for the junk I collect. That is, until I put them together. ;)

I'm reminded of the film, The Iron Giant and the junkyard owner/starving artist Dean McCoppin's (Harry Connick, Jr.), lament to Hogarth:

"You'd be surprised how many people want to steal scrap. But, man, once I turn it into art, I...I can't give it away. I mean, what am I? A junkman who sells art or...or an artist who sells junk??? You tell me."

"You'd be surprised how many people want to steal scrap. But, man, once I turn it into art, I...I can't give it away. I mean, what am I? A junkman who sells art or...or an artist who sells junk??? You tell me."

Joe, I think I'm going to have that statement framed !!! Thanks !

I remember that line. But it doesn't quite fit me. People actually dump stuff onto me saying, "you can make something out of that, can't you?". I think my wife would rather somebody "steal" my scrap. ;)

• 1 month later...

Great work Andy. I see a lot of the elements I like most in robots. Bit's of R2-D2, Robby, and the lanky 'bot's from the 1940's Superman cartoon all rolled into 1. Love 'em!

Roger

Archived