Unknown German Ideal Space Gun And Box

Tinplate6

It seems that the Ideal Toy company put out a few generic guns, that could be space guns, or just plain old generic weapons. :huh: This gun was produced in Germany for Ideal in the late 50's or early 60's. It has a unique design that could be futuristic...or not. It's a water gun, made of hard plastic and measures 19 inches, both box and gun are mint store stock.

post-656-1269743891.jpg

I like the style of the gun, its not way out there, but clean with minimal design elements. The box artwork leans more towards just the play value, letting you decide what type of gun it is. Each box end has a different logo, one is Ideal the other I can't identify.

post-656-1269743925.jpgpost-656-1269743942.jpg

The front illustration is a very static, realistic picture of the toy inside, however, the sides and back of the box shows the young children terrorizing the neighborhood with a huge water pistol war.

post-656-1269743992.jpg

post-656-1269744051.jpgpost-656-1269744027.jpg

I guess sometimes just having fun is enough. ^_^

Hi Tinplate, here´s some info about german Ideal.

It has absolutely nothing in common with the Ideal Toy corporation from the US!

The unidentified logo is JGS - it´s the german toymaker J.G. Schrödel from Nuremberg.

I copied their history from their website: http://www.schroedel-ideal.de

About Us

For decades, the names J.G.Schrödel and IDEAL have guaranteed quality.

This is true for toy guns as well as for summer articles.

The company J.G.Schrödel was founded in 1846. High-quality toys have been manufactured and sold worldwide for generations. For decades now, toy guns and summer toys with the brand name J.G.Schrödel IDEAL have stood for quality. Grandparents buying toys for their grandchildren today played with Schrödel toys themselves when they were children.

It is not only the articles themselves that are developed by us, but also the tools for their manufacture. The entire production equipment is in line with the most recent developments in technology.

Our articles correspond to the specifications of the Safety of Toys Directive EN71-1.

We offer you QUALITY YOU CAN TOUCH!

In addition to conventional packaging, we provide the patented IDEAL® BRAND tester. It offers quality you can touch and try out while the toy is fixed in the packaging. The end consumer can test the goods without having to open the packaging.

The Schrödel Tester is IDEAL!

As a native inhabitant of Germany I would say this gun is not space related for sure.

But it´s a very rare & impressive toy, especially the box art is wonderful.

A few years ago the ownership of J.G.Schrödel changed. After that some stuff from old stock was sold.

Also the empty box of your gun. From time to time you can find it via Ebay germany.

Blech...wow, thanks for the education. :blink: I was wondering about the Ideal logo, this makes quite a difference. However, even though it isn't a true space gun, I like it, and your information makes it more interesting. ^_^

Archived