Battery Question

dratomic

I know we've discussed batteries in the past, but I can't find the old post and since there are more people on the board, maybe someone will have something new to contribute.

Most of my toys can fit today's batteries. However, my recently purchased Ideal 3-Way gun is just too small for C-cells. Does any company out there make non-standard sized batteries? I've rigged a circuit so I can try the gun out, but I'd love to stock up on some smaller batteries for occasions like this.

Alternately, does anyone know the exact diameter of the old C and D cells? I might make a casing for smaller batteries, building them up to the right size...

I have noticed that if you buy metal batteries, they usually put a metal cover over the metal battery, with the logo on it. I don't think the cheaper Paper covered batteries are as thick.

Try Dollar Store Batteries and look for Paper Covered ones. (they are also lighter)

Also you can use AA batterys in toys that need old type C cell batterys, they are the same lenth and new AA batterys actualy have more lasting power than the old C cell batterys did when the toy was new. Just build up the outside diameter of the AA battery with paper or cardboard for tape untill it fits OK.

Archived