The Other Space Control Gun

Tinplate6

When you collect things it's not always about going after just what you know, but occasionally finding a piece you've never seen before :blink: . This gun is one of those odd little pieces that could easily be overlooked, until you take a closer look :huh: . The Space Control Gun has a very over used name, as there are at least 4 other guns with the same title :rolleyes: , but that's where the similarity ends.

post-656-1269156485.jpg

Measuring in at 4.5 inches, this little clicker is made of semi-transparent metallic green plastic. At first glance it looks solid, the plastic has a liquid mercury swirling effect, I have seen in several other guns, but when you hold it up to the light, it shines through.

post-656-1269156541.jpg

The style, makes me think this is a recycled toy, one re-designed to sell more of old stock molds, however, that's not always the case. It has a strong reality based sculpt of a real gun, with only the slightest hint of spaciness, just enough to make it uniquely attractive...emitter rings on the barrel, a tail fin and a scalloped design on the front of the trigger guard, top it off with a few raised bands on the grips and you have the perfect pocket weapon for any outer space gangster.

post-656-1269156513.jpg

Don't move! Or I'll fill you full of...ummm, argon laser beams. :blush:

You'd think I'd learn by now: Every time I pass on a gun and decide not to bid because I don't love it, someone else gets it, shows it off with better pictures, and makes me think, "Well, now. That's freakin' awesome!"

Great pickup, T6.

Thanks guys! Hey Doc, don't sweat it, in my last post "A Raygun For You Too", I followed your lead, it all works out. ;)

So, TP. can I assume this is the gun from Anzin's post from Mar 2? At the time I commented that I really like the standard automatic shape set off by the slanted end louvers . I still like the end louvers! :D

Gee Phil, dunno :huh: ...I don't remember, I'll have to take a look.

Ah yes, that's it alright, now I remember. :blush:

There is definitely something about this gun. It has the feel of a gun that belongs in the type of Sci-fi movies I like - the not so glitzy future where weapons are the next step or two beyond what we have now.

I also find the size amazing which when coupled with the translucent plastic just makes it so intriguing.

Archived