Another Easy One

JimK

Hey Gang,

Here is another quick and easy movie star robot. This one is from "The Devil Girl from Mars". I thought that he was done but as I look at the pictures I am seeing a few details that need to be addressed. But over all you can get the idea. Like all of my builds he is mostly wood construction with a few garage scraps tossed in. Working on a tight budget I have to scrounge as much as I can. A few beads "borrowed" from the wife, the top of a shoe polish bottle etc. However I did take a lesson from Robothut on his creative wiring of the Target Earth robot and put a light in the head of this guy. It looks very cool lit up but I can't seem to get a good picture of it. I used a small LED light and a reflector from a key chain flashlight. The poster in the picture is 5" x 7" so you can figure the size. Anyway, I figured that it has been a while since I had posted anything so I thought that I would share this little guy with you.

Thanks

JimK

post-769-1268847392.jpg

post-769-1268847411.jpg

post-769-1268847426.jpg

I think the robots name is "CHANI" almost sounds like Shawn-e?

Otherwise Jim it's a great job!

mmm

Geeeeze oh Petes Jimbo, your going to have to open a museum. Sweet ! MMM now doesn't this motivate you just a little to get back on the horse ? Get those pill bottles and tuna cans out ,,start building . ;) Simple Tinple !! I want one.

post-545-1268857495.jpg

Jim...another robot for the gallery, well done as always! :) You'll have to take a group shot of all of them together.

Eagle, what's the story behind the bot in that picture you posted? :huh: It's a real peach, did you make it? I want one. :)

Thanks guys,

I am trying to decide which one to make next. I am leaning towards the Boilerplate robot from the old Houdini movie Master Mystery. But not sure yet. I need a Johnny 5 but I am not sure that I can build one and do him justice. But as far as I know there where no toys made for the short circuit movie. I am also thinking of making a V.I.N.C.E.N.T. He should be fairly easy and there are a bunch of good pictures to go by. Anyway thanks again.

TP, here is a shot of my movie star robots. As you can see I am on my way but I am still missing a bunch. Any ideas or suggestions would be a big help.

Eagle, I am with TP what is the deal with the robot in your post? He is very cool.

JimK

post-769-1268923038.jpg

Tinplate and JimK,

The picture that Eagle posted is my Dollar Store Robot that I made during the competition, and yes Simple Tinple is for sale if I could get back to my workshop and get the many that I have built then I could offer them to you guys!

Thanks again Mark for the vote of confidence.

MMM

Jim, your display is a beaut! You have a great layout, the graphics really set off the robots...it sure beats just a bunch of toys on a shelf!

Archived