Rare Box - Ideal Martian Gun

The Toyman

Hi all, I've seen a few versions of this ray gun (water pistol) for sale from a friend of mine in the UK, it's a superb gun but I've never seen the box?

but...whilst strolling around a bookshop in Perth city, a book on plastic design caught my eye,flicking through it the first thing I saw was this!...

what a superb box, check out the alien flying through the air in the distance :lol: this was the only toy in the book and this was the only picture of the box...

Noel

post-648-1268568714.jpg

This is definitely one of my favorite boxes. The level of violence is really pretty nuts...

You know, I just noticed... It looks like the painting on the box might be signed in the bottom right corner. Or maybe that's a series of numbers... I can't quite tell. Any thoughts? It appears on both the photos posted by Toyman and Phil, so it's not something added by a store owner.

I just LOVE that box. A friend just picked one up recently. A dealer had it and I waffled for a while about buying it myself and then he emailed to tell me he got it. Solved my problem. LOL He should be posting some pics sooner or later of it.

John

Hi Brian, if you look at the pic I found , and the box pictured below it, they look to have the exact same writing, at first I thought it said 1 gross, if so it looks as if the two boxes came in the same lot?? that WOULD be a coincedence :blink: I didn't know the box had already been pictured (and I love the old fashioned graphics of the tap) but it's a superb gun AND box!

Noel

Lookin good Tyler!

This box art reminds me of a Dr. Suess story. The three antenna Groinkwheelers vs. the one antenna Zomboolers.

Archived