Water Gun Arsenal

Phil R

I photographed the newer water guns in my collection. They're from the 70s, etc.

In order the photos are Hong Kong, Taiwan/ Macau, and China and last but not least, Park.

The red one top left in Hong Kong is called Rota-Matic Special, a copy of the English Thunderbirds gun

except for the trigger guard. I guess that makes it different. The Park yellow gun is called Atomee :D

post-221-1267979964.jpg

post-221-1267980020.jpg

post-221-1267980089.jpg

post-221-1267981358.jpg

Nice photos, Phil!

The "Red Rocket" in the second photo is based on the old Marx Rex Mars sparking gun. And the large green one in the top right corner of the third photo is a truncated version of the British Space Outlaw pistol. It's kind of like the stubby, hold-out version. :)

There seems to be an awful large number of water ray gun designs, some copies of of non water guns and some original. I guess without metal parts (most of the time) they were a lot cheaper to make.

Right, Brian, I forgot to mention that about the green gun like I did in the yellow Moondodger. That China gun has several elements of different designs. The best still are the classic oval shapes with fins like the Park guns and the Premier I posted.

Phil, nice guns, personally I love the opaque blue plastic gun in the top photo, top right, the one with the brown grips, really nice. I prefer the solid plastic guns to the transparent ones. However, the jewel-like colors are impressive.

I tend to like the translucent ones, but I've gotta say, that orange one, right under the one T6 mentioned, is pretty awesome. That's not a color you see too often with vintage toys. :)

Archived