Space Control Gun, Atomic Jet Gun And Some Spacemen

ANZinSpace

These are a few auctions a seller had on EBAY which have just finished. One I passed on, one I won and one I got pipped on.

This one I passed on because of the price and because I'm trying to focus on my Australian and New Zealand collection and this one had no markings. It is however interesting - I always love these guns that are based on existing weapons and then extra bits are added.

post-1110-1267358919.jpg

I ended up winning the auction for this AtomicJet so I now have a green version to go with the silver and black ones.

post-1110-1267358814.jpg

The final one was these spacemen. I was most interested in the two large figures particularly the red one as these were either Moldex figures or ones made from the same molds by the original company so I might have got some historical info on these figures.

post-1110-1267359276.jpg

I was watching that first green one and came THIS close to bidding, but then decided that, for all the rings and fins, it just looked too much like a standard weapon for my tastes. It's really cool, but in the end, I wish it was a bit less earthly looking.

Have you seen this particular gun before? It's completely new to me...

I was watching that first green one and came THIS close to bidding, but then decided that, for all the rings and fins, it just looked too much like a standard weapon for my tastes. It's really cool, but in the end, I wish it was a bit less earthly looking.

Have you seen this particular gun before? It's completely new to me...

No I haven't. I can't help but wonder if a company had an old Colt Automatic toy mould lying around and embellished it to cash in on some space event or movie.

Gentlemen, although I agree, that gun is less imaginative than most, and I usually avoid pieces that rely too heavily on actual guns as models, but the rarity drew my attention, so I bid on it and won. I'll give you a detailed report as soon as it arrives.

ANTZ, nice catch on the Atomic Jet, you can't go wrong with those, it's a nice piece, same with the large spacemen, those are classic toys.

I bid on the Austrailian ray gun and obviously didn't win - but I did tell dratomic that I bet Tinplate won it!

So even though I don't have the gun - I win!! :D

Congrats ANZinSpace and Tinplate. More great pickups!

I said the SAME THING FJW! Ha.

Same thing for me... I was initially intrigued by it's color and rarity. But in the end I passed on it as well.

The more I look at it, the more I like it though! :-)

Congrats TP6!

I agree, the color's pretty amazing. Sparly green -- doesn't get much cooler.

Hey, T6, once you've got it, I'd love to see it photographed next to some more familiar guns for scale.

I was on travel for a week and didn't see the spacemen up for grabs. Looks like a great set although I'm a bit confused by the size differential. How do the Moldex spacemen differ in size from the U.S. Premier and Archer versions? Are the green and burgundy(?) spacemen above extra large?

ANZin, yes, the Space Control gun has a 45 style shape but that's what makes it interesting. As opposed to the standard spacey look with fins the designer did a great job of integrating space elements into that style gun without looking added. I especially like the slanted louvers in the front and the color.

ANZin, yes, the Space Control gun has a 45 style shape but that's what makes it interesting. As opposed to the standard spacey look with fins the designer did a great job of integrating space elements into that style gun without looking added. I especially like the slanted louvers in the front and the color.

I agree with you, as said in my original post -

I always love these guns that are based on existing weapons and then extra bits are added.

The only reason I passed on it was because I'm trying to focus on A&NZ toys otherwise I would have bid on it. :blush:

Archived