Mars Attack Prototype

Phil R

I saw someone's interpretation of the Mars Attacks female ray gun and decided I wanted to make one. However I can't leave well enough alone and decided it was too plain in all red. One of the male prop handguns had a design that reminded me of the craft style that makes paint crackled with a bottom coat and contrasting second color.

I liked that effect for my gun. The gun is made of wood with a carved grip and plastic trigger, trigger guard and ray gun front design. The photos are of the original red sample I found, a pistol with the crackle effect(black underneath and green on top) , My gun with primer and the final 8-1/2" raygun. Next will be the male handgun. :)

post-221-1266773006.jpg

post-221-1266773023.jpg

post-221-1266773606.jpg

post-221-1266773990.jpg

post-221-1266773998.jpg

I'm a big fan of that movie and have every related toy gun. I had seen that particular prop and I agree Phil, you made it look much more deadly...great job!!

I decide to make a stand for the ray gun. Maybe it's overkill but the white would look ok with a white background. Or perhaps it should be black. Anyway, it's pictured here with the more sinister Trendmasters/Topps commander Martian. I have the two large figures, guns, ships. I also have all the rest of the figures.

post-221-1266940817.jpg

post-221-1266940842.jpg

Archived