Sankei T.v./robot 5

steve

Per a couple of our newer members requests-here are some additional pic's of Robot 5 and Television Sankei. These are two of the most highly lithoed small scale robots. Robot 5 contains many subtle shadings-almost like some of the litho was "sponged" on. Another unique feature-the cam shafts on his chest are actually raised-sort of like in a bas-relief style.

post-2-1078706525.jpg

A rarely seen back view. This version is what is "officialy" known as the black and their is also a official red version which looks more like pink champange.

post-2-1078707243.jpg

This is my favorite all time robot. He has a wonderful face. Another unique aspect is that there is a space scene imposed behind his chest gel which lights up when he is wound.

post-2-1078707548.jpg

Last shot-a full side view showing the litho on the side of his head. There is also a very slightly different T.V. Sankei version with the actual wording Television lithod on his chest. See Sothby's Griffith auction.

post-2-1078708067.jpg

Thanks for the tour of two very nice vintage robots. I'm r enjoying this spate of collectors posting images of favourite pieces in their collection. I hope this trend keeps on continuing. Maybe we should have a "favourite piece from my collection thread".

FANTASTIC PIECES!!! thanks for the tour steve. first time i've ever seen the backs to these guys...WONDERFUL! many thanks to you indeed.

Hey Steve..Outstanding ! ...Would Love to see what the space scene looks like in the Sankei TV Robot....Any way of using a flash shot in there ?..& also would be awesome to see those both in a nice Mpeg file..Maybe you could upload a small 5-7 second Clip of each !

Steve - THANK YOU for the outstanding pics and tour! Fantastic pieces you have, these babies are something else altogether. The litho on the back of tv Sankei's head looks like he has a set of eyes there way too cool! THANK YOU for sharing :D

Steve, thanks! These two are really master pieces, the litho is just marvelous.

I wonder if they were made in a limited production number. :huh:

By the way I found a pic of the "pink" robot 5 in Botho Wagner's (sammler Katalog) pag 25. Thanks again...really extraordinary robots!!

Thx for the nice response by all. Roboz-I'll consider your request, but not right at this moment. It takes alot of "tweaking" to get these guys to stand just right and I'm not up to rewinding them just now. D-Cell-I think the two red circles behind Television Sankei's head are meant to represent lights. Just an interpretation. Duxastrogirl-I would have to think that these guys were made in very limited numbers-perhaps just one production run each. In any event there are few known examples left of each. Their brother the mechanical Mighty robot is even rarer in terms of surviving examples. I only know of three in collections. That doesn't mean there aren't others.

Steve-

"exquisite" is the only word I can come up with to convey my opinion of these robots. Great job of showcasing the design elements that are not seen in the books, I like that very much, thank you.

I'd love to see the same tour of a rackoon eyed Sankei Television robot. Anyone have one? :P

Archived