Ray Gun Database

Phil R

OK, maybe it's the 20+ inches of snow and the shoveling and winter blues, but I think we need a raygun data base so that everyone can appreciate these beauties. I know that the Toy Ray Gun site among other is out there but Toy Ray Gun only has small photos. I have a large file of ray guns but it's not well organized and data included. Brian, I'd be glad to help with the photos, etc and I'm sure other collectors on Alphadrome would assist. What do you ray gun collectors think. Brian, your work on robots, etc is exceptional. Would you consider ray guns as well? ;)

Most definitely! Great idea Phil, I think it's high time we got equal billing as collectors, we really need a good solid reference for our field of collecting. I'm in!!

Agreed. A while back, Brian contacted me about adding photos and comments to a ray gun database. I admit, I became distracted (it was a perilous moment in my freelance career and I wasn't really on the ball with robot stuff) and didn't add anything. But it's definitely a good idea... I've got loads of pictures that I'd be happy to contribute.

Actually I thought there already were ray guns there but I guess not. I think it should be broadened to encompass all our collecting fetishes: rockets, robots, rayguns, buck rogers and other scifi goodies. It already contains quite a few items that are certainly not robots but I am glad to see them there.

People, don't let this post die a lonely death :blink: , this is something we all want, so we need to press on with this :o . What's the plan? :huh: Brian, do we have your blessing? Better yet, do you have the space in your server for such a large data base? When do we start sending photos? Will there be a new category/forum created? Input, I need input. :unsure:

post-656-1266135618.jpg

I'm in too.... I have many pro quality, hi-res ray gun images... embarrassingly, I have not updated, or revamped www.toyraygun.com, it needs a complete overhaul, but I have plenty of good photos and info I can contribute. Also, a space toy database might be nice too... encompassing all space toys that are not robots or ray guns.... but let's not get overly ambitious, I agree we should start with ray guns.

ROCKET -[O_O]-

Archived