Some Stuff...

Andyman

My 3 most recent Andybots. I'm trying to decide if either of these will make the cut for the gallery in Topeka this summer. I have until March to commit 3 pieces.

BDI-1

post-231-1264908778.jpg

Navigator (complete with compass that can't seem to find north)

post-231-1264908853.jpg

Megohms

BDI_1n_sm.jpgNavigator_10_sm.jpgMegohms_15_sm.jpg

post-231-1264908931.jpg

My 3 most recent Andybots. I'm trying to decide if either of these will make the cut for the gallery in Topeka this summer. I have until March to commit 3 pieces.

BDI-1

post-231-1264908778.jpg

Navigator (complete with compass that can't seem to find north)

post-231-1264908853.jpg

Megohms

post-231-1264908931.jpg

Hey Andy love them all.. but #1 and #3 are my favorites!

Adam

Really nice Andy!! How did you get the circuit board image on the front of Megohms? Are his eyes made from earplugs? Very imaginative!

Great bots andy! I like BDI-1 the best and Megohms is my second favorite. Haveing said that Navigator is a great piece because its so different from the other two. So these three would make for a very good display I think.

Really nice Andy!! How did you get the circuit board image on the front of Megohms? Are his eyes made from earplugs? Very imaginative!

Joe, what your see there are two overlays of printed circuit plastic sheeting that you would find inside computer keyboards. I was trying to come up with some surface detail for Megohms when I placed one of those sheets on him. It looked alright but then I used two different colored sheets on him and it just popped! It adds a really cool layered effect. And yes, those are ear buds you see for the eyes. :)

Here some detail shots on Megohms.

post-231-1264959941.jpg

post-231-1264959968.jpg

Some alt pics of the other two.

post-231-1264960042.jpg

post-231-1264960129.jpg

Andy, are all your parts cobbled together, or do you mill/lathe some of the pieces?

TP, I don't mill or lathe anything but some pieces are indeed fabricated. Like BDI-1's feet are wood core pieces with a metal veneer attached to them.

Thanks for the kind comments everybody! :)

• 2 weeks later...

They all look great.

Navigator actually sort of reminds me of a butler... Or maybe he's navigating his way to the opera or something? :)

Archived