Video Chief Robot Conversion

robothut

I changed a Chief Smoky robot in to a old school TV robot.

Here are links to a page on my web site and a You Tube link for actions.

http://www.robothut.robotnut.com/VideoChiefPage.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJkZhXE8Hmk

Basicly I used the artwork from the 1960s Alps TV robot for the project. I wanted to keep the mechanics simple so modified the chief smoky gear boxt to have a extended drive shaft that could drive the rotating artwork drum. There is a light in side the clear plastic drum that the artwork is wraped around so the images are back lit. I also added flashing Eyes and dome light.

post-7-1263751218.jpg

post-7-1263751248.jpg

post-7-1263751393.jpg

post-7-1263751430.jpg

post-7-1263751464.jpg

post-7-1263751503.jpg

WOW he turned out great. Love the yellow color with the inner roto pic drum. The only thing I have done so far to mine after a jam repair was to add an inner red light to him so when on the inside glows red. :)

Non of my still pictures show the lights ON so you will have to view the You Tube video for that. its short 10 seconds even dail up guys can view it.

The extrended drive shaft for the picture drum worked out well since the gear I attched to is already mounted with its drive shaft at an slight angle, the brass rod also has some flex that helps keep the tension to the drum.

:lol:

...beats the hell out of the old antennae picture on my T.V. robots by a longshot!! B) (But still only one channel to watch). <_<

Come on John, give us one with a remote channel changer (oops, Andyman already did one).

As always John, everything you do is top drawer! It looks like it was made that way, you should be designing new robots for Metal House! ^_^

Archived