S4 Ufo

Phil R

post-221-1263232826.jpgI'm almost embarrassed to show you my model attempt. This is a 12" 1994 model, S4 UFO from Testors that I've had since the 90s. I finally decided to assemble it since it's fairly easy. I think I changed my mind three times on some of the options for presentation. One was to show half of the clear saucer top unpainted to show the interior. I didn't like that after painting. I then allowed one of the honeycomb window shapes unpainted to show the alien. my frisket mask didn't protect the plastic surface when painting. I had to use Novus on the window. At least the attempt gives me valuable information for what I hope is later work on Forbidden Planet and Lost in space. 😉

post-221-1263232826.jpg

I think it looks fne Phill. Nice job. I am not a very good model builder so I am impressed. Speaking of the FP and LIS ship kits, I was in the local Hobby Town store here the other day and saw the new kits. They are big, really nice looking kits.

JimK

Archived