The Toyman

The Toyman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and again nice!!!!!!!!! what great stuff you have noel!

beautiful movie posters!! all mexican? me I have still lots of old spaghetti western posters

italian/german/spanish,lots of locandines and lobby cards

quite addictive to collect them, the art work is so very beautiful, so I stopped, it was too easy to spent all my money on those :(

Clunkclick, I empathised with every word, to aim for the biggest collection in the world, then take a step back and look at all the junk you've assembled, so you sell it off and concentrate on the finest ( most valuable) collection the world has ever seen, then...as the years go by you start to collect what you like, wether it be old and battered or mint and boxed, the main thing is that it's fun (and frustration) all the way. I've sold mint boxed Batman robots, the rarest Marx Batmobile, prototype Dinky toys, very rare 007 toys along with dolls trains and rare early Disney items and it doesn't bother me one bit (apart from the Nomura Batman robot...boxed!) :(

Roboto, glad you like the Fanny Farmer truck, here's the other one I have, do you know of any more?

Noel

Wow.. I grew up 15 mins from this candy factory right outside Boston. MA.. In fact my Grandmother who passed on 10 years ago at 96 worked in the Schraffts candy factory as a teenage girl.... the building and it's logo and clock is still there but it's now an office complex...

Adam

Hey Adam, that's amazing, glad the truck evoked those memories...

Noel

Hi Noel, thanks for posting... this is the building. Have a great day!

Adam

• 1 month later...

Just when I was thinking the well had run dry, these items turn up, I did an antique and collectors fair last week and the first thing I spot are the Beatles bobbin head dolls for $15.00 :lol: :blink: the mint & boxed BBC TV truck for $135.00 (very cheap compared to UK prices) and last but not least, the Space phones! :rolleyes:

Maybe there's hope for me yet down here!

hope you like them...

Noel

post-648-1267541376.jpg

post-648-1267541387.jpg

post-648-1267541400.jpg

post-648-1267541425.jpg

Archived