The Toyman

The Toyman

Thank you for the comments guys, I was attending another toy fair this weekend, no good, didn't take any money, only sold a couple of things but I found this nice collection of 60's cars, the die-cast ones are "Husky" there's always something for an idiot collector like me...if it's cheap and shiny, I'll buy it :lol:

( I've not seen the unusual Impala before)

post-648-1271342897.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noel, those Husky diecasts were a wonderful thing in the '60's as they were 10c to 28c cheaper than Matchbox usually copying their molds almost exactly except the Husky vehicles have plastic chassis with a flexing suspension. When I was getting 50 cents a week allowance they were a fantastic find when they were on sale for 29cents (from 39) as compared to the Matchbox line. They also had some interesting pieces that Matchbox didn't have. They are also much lighter in weight especially when carrying a pocketful around with you! :D

Thanks for the pics, I'm also into some diecast Corgi, Matchbox and Dinky (MIMB of course)!! B)

Thanks Morbius, I have Matchbox toys aswell but after you comment I noticed a blatant copy right here in my cabinet! :o can you spot it?

I also picked up this Star wars soap set from 1982 for $5.00 :blink: that has to be a good buy??

post-648-1271416843.jpg

post-648-1271416861.jpg

Noel, could the Studebaker Wagonaire be the culprit? Of course the Matchbox (blue) had a hunter and dog included but this other one (yellow) has a cameraman instead. BTW I had those 'Outer Limits' cards in with my diecast stuff too for awhile, don't know if I still have 'em.

Or maybe the Opel Diplomat????? :blink: I'll keep on cypherin' that pic.... ;)

Archived