Restoration: General Robot Restoration

Blechroboter

• 5 months later...

I've just read this post Klaus. A fantastic job undertaken with great sensitivity. Over restored items look like - well - over restored items. Many thanks :D

Wham Bam, Thank You Man! :D

Just a few days back, than I watched that robot standing on the shelf, I was wondering how I managed to get a golden AM.

Still searching a silver one. And also I forgot how bad his condition was, before I did my restoration work.

At least, I'm glad to see someone using as me toxic "off the market" Metal Cote paint ;)

These were really really good, even if "more toxic " old generation Metal Cotes" were even better ^_^ (paint, wait 15 minutes, then handpolish... you transform anything to metal !). ( you'll be able to check results out soon in the 'botz galleries with my PVC/resine ABC Judge Dredd robot ;) ).

Nice nice work man on the A.M. !

No no Jerome! I did not used the Metal Cote paint. It´s bare metal that I polished. Polished steel not polished paint.

Although I own a small can of Humbrol´s Metal Cote. Used that for some small lead "Lord Of The Rings" figures.

Hi blech..super job...really enjoyed reading that thread..I love the attacking martian..a solid contender!!...and look blinding side by side..cheers hj.

• 2 years later...

Thank you, Boys! :blush:

In the meantime I got the silver version too.

Looking back to the last years I´m very amazed at all the not so common Horikawa robots that now are standing on my shelves.

Also much more amazing is the impressive number of robots I don´t got in that time. :blub: Saves a lot of money, sigh and sigh even more.

post-544-0-94450800-1340391927.jpg

I just received these guys in the post. :woohoo:

Looks like I may need to follow some of your tips Blech.

Not sure if I'll get the same amazing results though! :hail:

Thanks for sharing. :cheers:

post-1423-0-75759200-1341064296.jpg

I just received these guys in the post. :woohoo:

Amazing post you have. :hail: German Post never brings two of the golden boys at once. :biggrin:

• Brian.. changed the title to Restoration: General Robot Restoration

Archived