Alphabot Build Two Is Underway.

robothut

Yeah, "styrofoam snow" drives the wife nuts, and the tiny things stick to everything! Every time I unpack a new toy I end up leaving a trail of white spots everywhere I go. Now I keep a dust-buster in the hall for just such an occasion.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• MetalRobotHead

• Sparkrobot

• Hoserflash

John said:

Whish I could have sent a air compressor so you guys could blow off all the styrofoam bits from the bots. Thats the only bad part of the packing.

When I opened mine, (after 20 minutes of oohing & ahhing with a face-splitting grin), I had similar thoughts. Then I thought "How about a hot wire stryrofoam cutter for next time?" Not sure what happened to mine, but I know it was easy to build & no styrodust remnants.

(I think the fumes also made for a cheap high, from what little I remember of those days) :P ;) :lol:

No biggie for me, though.... when I start the builds, I have a compressor setup. All Alphadrome 'bot builders are welcome to come over & use it. :P

Mine arrived today. John...you should be knighted for your efforts. This thing is fantastic. Even my daughter who has the typical girl "whatever" attitude towards my robot collection was very impressed. The action, the sounds, the lights...what a true piece of art. Thank you John...worth every penny. It is fantastic. And it arrived just in time for my Birthday on Saturday...what a great gift to myself. LOL.

MyAlphabot.jpgpost-125-1254935429.jpg

Tinplate6 your custom Alphabot has shipped out. You have the Andy Eye treatment, the 3d scary face meter detail, the black stipe details the back of the head details and the back pack rockets. The meter is back lit to flash as the robot operates. I did what I could do based on the your non scale drawings & keeping time and money in mind.

post-7-1254946465.jpg

post-7-1254946519.jpg

post-7-1254946545.jpg

post-7-1254946567.jpgDSC05689a.jpg

DSC05694a.jpg

DSC05698a.jpg

DSC05700a.jpg

DSC05702a.jpg

DSC05703a.jpg

alphabot_2.0a.jpg

post-7-1254946721.jpg

post-7-1254946744.jpg

post-7-1254946782.jpg

Hi Tinplate6 love your variation on the alpha con...bet your well pleased with this guy,I reckon he looks the" muts nuts"!! 😄

Tinplate6 your custom Alphabot has shipped out. You have the Andy Eye treatment, the 3d scary face meter detail, the black stipe details the back of the head details and the back pack rockets. The meter is back lit to flash as the robot operates. I did what I could do based on the your non scale drawings & keeping time and money in mind.

This is a real nice design. I love the chest panel and the rockets on the back. And the blue is real nice too. Great looking bot. They all look good. We truly have a winner here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8duE-FMMd8

Woo-hoo! Now that's a cool retro robot if I ever saw one. 😮 Thanks for the compliments guys, I took some of the cues from T-28, Winky and a few others. I'm very pleased, I can't wait to get it. :wub: How the heck did you do that so quickly John? I'm flabbergasted! :blink: Amazing! Colossal! Stupendous!...

Shipping todday is Ozzys Alphabot, pearl white with metalic blue details.

Now acording to my list that is all the Alphabot kits and Alphabot build ups. So if you feel you have been missed be sure to drop me a email.

Now I just have to build one for my collection!

Oh and lets see some great new kit Alphabots soon! Drill , cut , glue and paint to make them you own.

ozzybot.jpgpost-7-1255015966.jpg

Just a shout out to Robot Hunter and to Electric Robot & Son, according to the delivery conformation numbers USPS tried to deliver, so you need to go to the post office to pick up your Alphabots before they send then back to me.

My better half just called to say that the robot is safely in her car and will come home with her later! Can't wait to see my beloved! Oh, yeah. It will be nice to see my wife as well... ;)

My better half just called to say that the robot is safely in her car and will come home with her later! Can't wait to see my beloved! Oh, yeah. It will be nice to see my wife as well... ;)

[/quote

LOL Nice one Robot Hunter. :lol:

Just the kind of comment that I would get a '' yea, very funny'' in a really stern voice for. :angry:

Fantastic robots everyone .

Just goes to show what happens when your a member of this great site.

Tinplate's robot was delived acording to delivery conformation. Hope it got to you in Honolulu in good shape.

Ozzy acording to delivery conformation your robot was misouted by the post office! hey are working to get the box to you ASAP.

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again late

Detailed Results:

Missent, October 10, 2009, 10:48 am

Arrival at Post Office, October 10, 2009, 8:06 am, CENTEREACH, NY 11720

Processed through Sort Facility, October 10, 2009, 1:38 am, BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Acceptance, October 08, 2009, 10:34 am, ELK, WA 99009

Hope to here that the UK robots show up soon , but it seems like Brians took 4 or 5 weeks.

John, the robot arrived very quickly, great shipping. I couldn't wait to get it opened and it is fantastic, as I expected. 😮

post-656-1255214598.jpg

You never cease to amaze me, I hope someday to take a trip out to the Robot Hut to see your creations in person (with your permission of course). :blush:

It has all those cool retro bells and whistles I love it! :wub: I only have one question, there are two holes in the metal just under the meter, was there supposed to be something there? :unsure:

post-656-1255214628.jpg

Perhaps two more screws, or something else? Dunno.

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

My Alphabot is done. I decided not to make any kind of changes or modifications because it came out perfect !

I don't want to change anything about it.

I do want to make another Kit though. I will even try Painting it this time.

John, can you make any more kits this year? Maybe a "bare bones" version where you don't even "pre do" anything, no sub assembly's, no painting, no box art,

just a bag of parts and a note saying "Good Luck" Like when I used to make Heath Kits and they came with a bag

of componants and circuit boards and little else.

I have posted 2 videos on youtube. links to follow. The first video looks like Andyman's because I really liked his and asked John to paint mine the same as

he did. But it was a kit.

The second video shows off the Special "Goose Call" secretly hidden inside each and every Alphabot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSISTYT2BU...feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvAS95NRB7k...feature=channel

post-27-1255229200.jpg

alphabotvideo.jpg