Alphabot Build Two Is Underway.

robothut

Gernot Your Alphabot is finnished and will ship as per your request. Good choise on the bare metal finnish look and extra rivets.

gernot.jpgpost-7-1254771299.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• MetalRobotHead

• Sparkrobot

• Hoserflash

OMIGOD! I got home from vacation and got my finished ALPHABOT Monday. The sound and lights are FANTASTIC! Arrived in great shape and nice adaptation to fit the robot in the box. And to think it only cost me $4.95 :lol: John, you should have been an engineer. Just kidding. :P :D

I'm always very sceptical about 2D images (logos etc) going 3D - but those worked out so beautifully!

Compliments!

Note me for any 3rd run, if there should be any ...

John,

I noticed all of the built alpha-bots have a chrome ring around the eyes,

but don't see anything like that in the kits. What did you use for those ?

Bob

John, Thank you for your detail work on this robot. I took some photos. All of my robots came out to welcome him home. Thanks again, festival

post-316-1254795309.jpg

craig__s_list_437.JPG

craig__s_list_438.JPG

post-316-1254795355.jpg

I picked up the USPS Priority mailing box today .

I know I did.

I got it home and put it on my desk in the living room.

I know I did.

I went into the kitchen to get a bite to eat.

I know I DID.

I came back into the living room and the box was gone.

I looked every where, every where ( twice).

I KNOW I DID.

Finally, I spied small foot prints in the carpet .

Not my size 13Ws.

So I supect the elves have got it and now I won't see it until Christmas. :blush:

Only 83 more days.

At least I have the picture to console me till then.

Thanks John and all who are involved.

Have Fun!

Mr. Jan

John is the Wonderman of Robots. I was delighted to receive my Alphabot October 5. It works great and has taken the premiere spot in my robot showcase. Thanks, John!

Roboghetto your Alphabot has shipped today. I realy like the color combination on this one.

Wow, John, jut beautiful, even nicer tha I imagined, Thanks for your time and Talent!

Bill

Whish I could have sent a air compressor so you guys could blow off all the styrofoam bits from the bots. Thats the only bad part of the packing. You know a ballon might work! Just blow it up and aim that air nozzel at the bot and no more styrafoan bits on the bot.

Robobob asked about the chrome eye rings on the robots I built. I did a variation on the Andy Alphabot eye effect. One of the thread posts tells how to use a metal button from the craft stores that has a red lens, but the button also has three other parts that come with it, one of the parts is just a chrome ring, I found that if I placed the chrome ring in the eye holes on the body then used a small tack hammer to bend over the prongs on the ring and alittle glue on the prongs, that when I placed this over the jumbo LEDs it gave the same look that I had origionaly wanted (way back when the eyes were each lights. Also I tinted the jumbo LEDs red as it looked so good even when off. I also did a few bots with the normal Andy eye effect like on the Alpha-Con bots & Gernots metal bot on the top of this page. In those cases I used the normal size LEDs to back light the button lens. I hope that alot of you builders will come up with even more good ideas for modifications and or varitations.

That's funny, :P I caught the dickens because Phil and I opened our boxes on the leather sofa today. Hey Phil , look at this one...cool ! Oh yeah Mark , look at this one ! Cool ! What are the tiny white foam pieces all over the sofa ??????????? Hey Phil, lets go look at the planters peanut robot guy outside...Yeah lets get out of here !!