Alphabot Build Two Is Underway.

robothut

This picture is of a bag full of drilled and taped crank drives. I have made enough for the robots I assemble and for the kit builders.

cranks.jpgpost-7-1253203727.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• MetalRobotHead

• Sparkrobot

• Hoserflash

I talked with the lasor metal house today they started cuting the metal and plan to start the bending on Wed. So maybe this week I will have the metal parts!

Here is a picture of a box of resin feet for the kit builders.

feets.jpgpost-7-1253567779.jpg

I can't realy think of any more pictures to post on the project until I get the metal parts. I did drive out to the metal shop this morning and saw the metal parts that were done " all parts are cut out at this time" and the parts yet to be bent. Looks like Monday they might finnish the bending. I can post a picture of the Flat rate USPS boxes with your shipping address on them as I did do those up, but that sounds like a waste of web site space. here is a picture (I don't think I already posted" of the LED eyes, resin anteanna suport part and light flasher switch assemblies. The brass on the switches still have to be bent as per the build instructions. You might think that with all the sub assemblies I have put together for the kit builders there is noting left for them to do! Not so here is a list of the kit parts now that many of the sub assemblies are pre built.

AlphaBot Kit Parts list

Body Front

Body Back

Body Side

Leg Fill

2 Leg pivot plates

Nose

60 #2 metal screws

Motor/Gearbox/Linage & Light assembly

LED eyes / resin antenna mount & wire light switch assembly

Horn

Horn switch & wire assembly

Vertical antenna

Horizontal antenna and plastic spacer lock

10.5 inches of chain and 8 tooth sprocket

2 resin arm “shoulder, bellows , bellows cap and claw” & linkage arm slip clutch units

2 card stock washers for arm mounting

2 Resin Feet with mount screws

Grill display assembly

Back Alphadrome decal

Rubber power wire grommet

Wired Remote Control assembly

Super glue to secure arm slip clutch to arm shoulder assembly

Grease to lube walk linkage

Sand Paper for the resin parts

2 long shaft screw drivers, 1 philips and 1 common

Custom display box with selected box top artwork

You will need solder and soldering pencil, GOOP brand glue, painting supplies and 3 AA batterys.

Printable assembly instructions can be found on Alphadrome and Video instructions can be found on You Tube. Links on Alphadrome.

post-7-1253914690.jpg

eyeAss.jpg

The lasor cut and computer bent metal has arrived and the first batch of Kits and bots will ship tomarrow. So check back here every day or so to see who's robots and robot kits have shipped.

Great news John! Perfect timing too as my free time is just now opening up and I'll have the opportunity to dive into this project.

Again - amazing commitment and effort John, not to mention the talent that goes into a project like this!!

Here are the Built up robots and kits that shipped today. 13 in all ! I have delivery conformation numbers for them all if we ever need them. $190.45 in charges!

Phil Redman 1 built robot, silver body, silver shoulders,silver screws,Red feet, redClaws, black bellows and black nose.

Richard Wessling 1 built robot , Silver body, silver shoulders, silver screws,Red feet, red claws, red nose and black bellows.

WJN two kits.

Electric Robot & Son 1 kit.

Randetron 1 kit.

Laserman 1 kit.

Robobob 2 kits.

Duxastrogirl 1 kit.

Haphazard 1 kit.

Eagle 1 kit.

Fineas J. Whoopie 1 kit.

post-7-1254339843.jpg

DSC05669a.jpg

DSC05671a.jpg