Pinball Robot List. Need Your Help! More Input!

robothut

Nasa can you give me the web site that you found the ROBOT BOWL picture on? I need more info before I can add it to the list, like year and maker, From the picture I am not sure that it was a actual pinball machine but maybe a one off project based on comic book artwork, but if it is real I love it and want to be able to add it here. My search on the net has not turned up anything.

Joe Thanks for the World Defender and the La Retata machines I will add them to the list! But the Judge Dread will not make the cut. If that robotic claw had a head or if they had add the ABC robot from the film then I would add it to the list, but just a poor lonly claw is not enough.

Sparkbot good find on the Astro machine it will be added as well.

And based on the picture of Data as being as much a robot as the Terminator I will have to add the Next Generation machine as well.

Great job guys in finding the ones I have missed, now lets find one older than the 1961 Egg Head, ther must be a robot pinball machine before 1961.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• Joe K.

• nasa

• Sparkrobot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nasa can you give me the web site that you found the ROBOT BOWL picture on? I need more info before I can add it to the list, like year and maker, From the picture I am not sure that it was a actual pinball machine but maybe a one off project based on comic book artwork, but if it is real I love it and want to be able to add it here. My search on the net has not turned up anything.

Joe Thanks for the World Defender and the La Retata machines I will add them to the list! But the Judge Dread will not make the cut. If that robotic claw had a head or if they had add the ABC robot from the film then I would add it to the list, but just a poor lonly claw is not enough.

Sparkbot good find on the Astro machine it will be added as well.

And based on the picture of Data as being as much a robot as the Terminator I will have to add the Next Generation machine as well.

Great job guys in finding the ones I have missed, now lets find one older than the 1961 Egg Head, ther must be a robot pinball machine before 1961.

John found it under search Google Pics type in Vintage Pinbal Machines....or Robot Bowl......I think i found one......1970's Space them....is she a robot? night nasa

post-38-1237691136.jpg

Cant find any info on the Robot Bowl, but will add the Xenon and the Star Battle machine. The star battle machine is very odd in design and no date is listed for it but it is a rip off of the first star wars and is a solid state machine so it is probably around 1979, made by Diverama in Brazil. If anyone finds the actual date and my date of 1979 is in error I will be glad to update the info. I am adding all the machines to the list on the first post of this thread. And again thank you guys for finding these additions to the list. Remember if you find a machine not on the list make sure you not only post the name of the machine but the date, and if possible the manufacture or a link to a web site where I can get all the info.

post-7-1237700754.jpg

..or Robot Bowl......I think i found one......1970's Space them....is she a robot? night nasa

No, she is Xenon, but...

On the middle of right side of the playing field you can see a couple - man and woman - stepping into a tube.

Man was transformed into :wacko: - whatsoever!. The transforming process is shown in four steps (four heads) on upper left.

The lower playing field shows the woman from back before transforming inside the tube. The result is shown as the big female face in the middle.

So she is no robot, but below on left and right there are two robots sitting and operating machines. Xenon is robot related.

At the 1959 Gottlieb I would say it´s a Spaceman in a typical space suit from around 1960.

...and I really like the design of Sparks Astro. Great!

post-544-1237703179.jpg

Here are a couple more John although are you allowing robot animals ?,,anyway see what you think,,,Time Line Gottlieb 1980 and Solar Ride Gottlieb 1979 the one with the debatable Robot Horse :)

BTW,,Are you also alowing kids not electrical toy pinball machines [ Bagatelle ]

post-540-1237723150.jpg

post-540-1237723218.jpg

post-540-1237723381.jpg

Here's an Italian pinball that is described as having Darth Vader pictured on the glass :blink: ...I would say it's more like...you know who ;)

post-648-1237724916.jpg

Joe you are right. There will have to be another list on a new thread to cover Robot Video games and Robot TOY type games. But I am not man enough to do right now, just checking out all these leads and adding them to the list is takeing up all my time. But there will come a time when the Robot Pinball finds dry up and then we can do the Video and toy lists.

The Toy Man, the machine called ROBOT is already on the list, it was one of my origional 23.

Spark Robot Good finds on Time LIne and Solar Ride. I all most did not add Solar Ride, yes it has a Robot Horse so it fits but all that Pink, maybe they should have called it Barbies Ride. So both Time LIne and Solar Ride are on the list. here is a link for Time Line.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2564&picno=5038

and here is a link for a second version of Solar Ride, still 1979 and still Gottlieb but this is a electro mechanical veresion with out all the pink.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4769&picno=12223

and here is the pink solid stae version.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2239&picno=6868

Blechroboter thanks for finding the small robots on the play field I would have hated getting rid of Xenon !

O.K John,,Solar ride is in,,,Now for my final entrys and I think some of these are 'scraping the barrel'...See what you think.

Counterforce Gottlieb 1980 a definate robot bottom left of backglass..Cybernaut Bally 1986 [Alien type robot],,,

Embryon Bally 1981 robot heads on the backglass,,[ what a great looking pinball].

Robo-War Gottlieb 1988,,Transformer type robot on the flyer not sure about on the machine??but with a name like Robo War how could it be out

Here is what seems to be a complete list of pinball machines,,No pictures but by checking certain titles on google images this is where I found most of the ones I submitted.

http://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=...ess+anonymously

post-540-1237742714.jpg

post-540-1237743390.jpg

post-540-1237743489.jpg

post-540-1237743670.jpg

ROBO-WAR is already on the list, EMBRYON has a real cool machine like play field but no robots, I think the two heads on the back glass are more Cyborg than robot.

I have added both Counterforce and Cybernaut but I have to say I am haveing trouble seeing the robots in Counterforce, they may be robot or are they just space junk / guns?

Here is a picture of my 5 pins out in the hut. Pinball Pool, Pin-Bot, Bride of Pin-Bot, Jack Bot and Robo Cop.

post-7-1237762606.jpg

Very Nice machines John...I am jealous...I grew up In New Orleans playing the Vinatge 25 hole pinball machines for a nickle.....they would pay you a nickle for every game won.....I loved those old machines....they eventually considered it gambling and melted down all those classic machines.....I later moved on to a flipper machine called rack a ball which was one of my favorites....I have a friend that has the Adams Family Flipper Machine and what a treat that is to play....I am fascinated by mostly the vintagee machines.....maybe one day I will make it to the hut.....cheers Nasa