Pinball Robot List. Need Your Help! More Input!

robothut

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• Joe K.

• nasa

• Sparkrobot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Star Trek Next Generation has [DATA] ! Now I know Star Fleet has determined Data to be sentient ! That being said, He is still nuts and bolts with a positronic brain ! Still a bot. Don't forget the Borg !!

Friggin awesome pinball machine. Dang it John,,,,you got me hooked on these pinball games at BS last year. I never played one before. Now I have to get one. Just to challenge you one day. That's going to take a lot of skill and even more luck. Of course, Joe just resets the game after you [one up him] !! :D Scoundrel !

post-545-1237612110.jpg

post-545-1237612120.jpg

nasa I have checked out your link, it goes to a machine called Star Jet 1963, I have looked it over and even its back glass and can not see the robot, help me find it as this would be a great vintage machine to add to the list.

Unless you ment the small PINBALL POOL back glass picture under and to the left of the STAR JET picture, in that case that machine is already on the list and pictured with links in this thread on page 1.

As for the ebay one besides not haveing robots it is a toy pinball machine. Now maybe we should include the toy pinball machines but in there own section I have 3 or 4 toy pinball machines that are robot themed out in the hut I could add to that list .

Eagle, does Data ever take off his face or other parts to show he is a robot inside? I don't know as I only like the origonal star trek. If not I am haveing a hard time with thinking of Data as a robot. At leat with Robo cop he is 80% robot and the terminator is all robot with some flesh on top. Is Data like the terminator? Are there any pictures on the internet of Datas nuts and bolts?

Yes John he does in many episodes. Generations had many great episodes involving Data and robotics. I'm a real skeptic in regards to modern sci-fi . I don't like hardly any of the new stuff. It's all male soap opera crap . However I did like 60 % of the next generation. Data is a real honest to GOD bot. Maybe more so than any other bot. In regards to the intent of design, Strength, an aspiration in the strive to become human ! Data is the ultimate robot !! The photographic evidence is dwarfed by the anecdotal evidence .

Great find SparRobot! The 1985 Gamatron was a conversion kit to change old 1980s machines in to something newer. I will add Gamatron to the list!

here is a link for more info.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=984

Gamatron was a conversion kit produced by Pinstar, a company started and owned by Gary Stern between the collapse of the 'original' Stern and the formation of Data East Pinball. Many have called Gamatron the "poor man's" version of Stern Flight 2000, it features a device similar to the Flight2K ball-walker at the upper left, completing G-A-M-A-T-R-O-N letters to enable locks, etc. The kit was used to modify standard-body Bally or Stern games - the Bally/Stern boardset is used - a PinStar daughterboard plugs into the CPU socket. The kit could easily be used to "upgrade" a worn-out game from the early 1980's, but it did not include the features that were starting to drive the market in 1986 - namely ramps, speech, and displays capable of showing text as well as player scores - thus not many Gamatron kits were sold and few examples exist today.

As for Data I trust you Eagle but I just have to have some proof. there must be a web site that has a picture of Data with metal or gears showing. I have never been able to stay awake long enought to see one of the many later versions of Star Trek, there all so sterile compared to the origional. Show me the bot!!

John, Mark's harvesting maple syrup in western Pa. I'll show you Data for him. Terminator, meet Data, Data, meet Terminator. :D

post-221-1237647964.jpg

nasa I have checked out your link, it goes to a machine called Star Jet 1963, I have looked it over and even its back glass and can not see the robot, help me find it as this would be a great vintage machine to add to the list.

Unless you ment the small PINBALL POOL back glass picture under and to the left of the STAR JET picture, in that case that machine is already on the list and pictured with links in this thread on page 1.

As for the ebay one besides not haveing robots it is a toy pinball machine. Now maybe we should include the toy pinball machines but in there own section I have 3 or 4 toy pinball machines that are robot themed out in the hut I could add to that list .

Yes John I meant Pinball pool.....the search continues....cheers nasa

John I just found a nice one here ,,,Great robot pic on the back glass,,it is a 1971 Gottlieb pinball called Astro..

post-540-1237670893.jpg