Old Kogure Plastic Model From The Big Kitahara Book

plasticaugie

plasticaugie said:
Speaking of the V-3 here is a chrome version in an epic battle!

Egads! Can anyone here imagine taking videos of items in their collection bashing each other. Toy S&M flicks!! A new thread?

I have the V-3 model, boxed (see my Tezuka thread) and Maguma Taishi (Ambassador Magma), both by Imai. I think there were a few other kits in this series, all of which were not robots, but some of Tezuka's other animation characters. For just plain weirdness, you can't beat old Japanese injection molded sci-fi kits. Often times it is almost comical how small the model is in comparison to the box. Also how simple they can be. I have an old Speed Racer Mach 5 model that is literally about 6 pieces, not counting the cheesy remote.

Scott

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasticaugie

• tinluver2

• robothut

• dratomic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gernot said:
here is another one, already posted here on the board and also discussed in the very old Alphadrome.

Since about one year I am trying to gather information and pictures about Mr. Aizawa, the great robot builder from Japan.

I have to open a separate topic for this guy at another time.

He deserves lots of credit for his lifetime work with robots.

Yes, I had this pic on another computer that has died.

Thanks again.

Wow ! Thanks for the pics !

I never realized Mr. Flash was based on another Japanese bot !

BTW, that darned pilot in the P-51 never gives up, does he ? 😄

post-130-1217564466.jpg

manmos.jpg

Wow ! Thanks for the pics !

I never realized Mr. Flash was based on another Japanese bot !

BTW, that darned pilot in the P-51 never gives up, does he ? :D

Amazing, I had never realized that until you mentioned it.

I really like these kits. I have been looking for more of them on eBay and they are just about as hard to find as any of the 'rare' robots. Anyone have a picture of an assembled "Dr. Slump"?

Nice catch Bob -but which came first - Mamos or Mr. Flash?

From the construction of Mr. Flash it is easy to see that he was a kit first. Did you ever wonder why Mr Flash is one of a very few vintage robots that runs on AA batteries (excluding these model kits)?

However, it would not be the first time a Japanese company copied another toy and turned it into a kit. Look at the three different Robot Commando kits and the Tsukuda Alien as examples.

But my gut feeling is that Manmos King was made first to tap into the huge Japanese domestic market for models relating to the giant robot cartoons and comics of the time. Mr. Flash was likely an afterthought to be sold assembled for export.

The Kogure T-28 runs on AA batts

Another cool feature of this robot is that it actually has knee joints.

post-191-1217595521.jpg

robotss.JPG

This is the picture from Dr. Aizawas robot room in the early 70s, showing some of the model kits.

I took this photo from a magazine in the Nagoya toy Museum last year.

Hey Gernot!

Those Aizawa pics always make me happy.

I can't quite remember, but did you get a movie clip of the Aizawa film reel from that museum?

I've been looking for a source for that ever since I got back, with no luck at all.

( Of course, being functionally illiterate with non-roman alphabets doesn't help... )

Here's to hoping!

Mr. Future

First pic, the little wind-up baby Thunder robot commando kit which is still in production

Second and third pics are the large kit.

Here is a video of the metalic version of the Thnder boy (mid-size) model-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd57HAJ0xlw

Here is the blue Thunder boy kit which seems to be radio control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H0ht8-p6x8

post-191-1217696024.jpg

post-191-1217696098.jpg

post-191-1217696145.jpg

Here is the pic from the kittihara book with the big T-28 type in the center. The one on the left is the actual kit from the poster I posted on page one.

Second pic is some of Henk's kits on the left and one of the T-28 kits on the right. The T-28 is from a series of pin walkers that take two c-cell batteries in the feet. Here is a video of one like it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZzjNxE-aZY

These are a common mech for these vintage kits. Same type as V-3 and many other character robots. Monogram even used these for the Shogun Warrior line in the 70's although they were sold without motors and maybe even gearing. I have one sealed somewhere, I'll check on it. No, I'll build it and post it in this thread.

post-191-1217696202.jpg

_BBBBB.jpg

_BBBBBBB.jpg

post-191-1217696307.jpg

I have updated my previous posts with more pics and tried to put akasikogorou's videos with the actual picture of the kit robot and box.

Here is the video of the Imai Space Patrol robot

post-191-1217882529.jpg