• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plasticaugie

• tinluver2

• robothut

• dratomic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree - this really is a fantastic thread. You guys are digging up so many amazing pictures and information. Rare stuff that I had no idea existed.  

3 hours ago, Martian Gil said:

Many thanks Gilbert and Brian!
This is eye candy!
The box art is pure magic.   

I enjoy the box art too; there are some really wonderful illustrations featuring massive robots, atomic age monsters, and dinosaurs in Gilbert's and Brian's photos. Thanks for posting these!

On 8/16/2008 at 10:34 AM, robothut said:

Here is a Wonder Robo (plastic battery operated kit) still in box unbuilt.

post-7-1218900877.jpg

DSC02907a.jpg

This Doyusha "Space Knight Mechalock" "Walkman 2" kit is a reissue of this Midori kit, I think?
I'm not sure what the vintage kit for the robot on the left is named - this Doyusha version is named "Space Knight Del Mack" "Walkman 1".

Some of the detailing is still drying - I'll add a video when I'm able.

Cheers, 

DSC07412.JPG

• 10 months later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:09 PM, Phil R said:

Love the Walkman 1. I like seeing the kits built. If they're done well I think it enhances the value.

Thanks Phil!

This is one of theeeeee best threads on here - among so many great threads.
And it keeps giving.  🙂

Re; the pair above - I have the 2 Midori / KSN kits that complete the original quartet.   I put one together and the other is still in the box. 
"Guts-Man" still needs finished.   Such translation questions...  "Guts-Man" and "Geiger-Man",   What?
Anyway.

DSC00025.JPG.9784d305c6f0b3a3d821eac1855c1ae7.JPG

Robotoy75 posted some new pics in his collection thread (great collection!) - and in those pics, he managed to recently add versions of what I think are Yochan and Delchan.   
They show up in this book on page 46.
I don't know if his were knock-offs or were pre-cursors.
(Alain, if you prefer that I not share your pic, just say the word and I'll delete)
Here is his new pair;

854585299_yochandelchan.jpg.3fa63d7183c4a9dd7355c5f842ff4fa8.jpg

These are pretty small toys!    I think that Joe K hit on the point that these would have been rubber band powered wind ups.   Cooool.

Then, while looking at the Yochan and Delchan pics, I noticed this ODK kit and was trying to wrap my head around the instructions here.
The main head portion (with arms attached) looks like it would have snapped over that little (inner robot cranium piece?) hub - then wind it up and the arms would have spun around battering that M-41 tank?    
That's my theory anyway 🙂
20221008_085243.jpg.400d09b170756c8f8e55686b1cacd33c.jpg

So, the next thing that the coffee worked on was this nagging memory that the M-41 tank and bot kit looked familiar...

DSC00026.JPG.a108b4af76c60ff090585e0974e225d5.JPG

Another case where the box art kicks the toy's ass!   lol. 
but, for 1/2 a yen - what are you going to do?
Both "box art" robots are cool as hell.

So some version of the ODK kit was re-done - same as the other vintage kits that were kept alive for a period of time (think, Imai / Bandai / KSN Midori / Doyusha, etc,) -  but they scaled back the intricacies of this one some what... to say the least.  🙂

this version that I have is just a little snap together kit - like those little puzzle bot / raygun / rocket keychains.
He certainly won't be spinning his arms around and knocking the hell out of that tank.

And the size thing - here he is with my fantastic Piano Bot made by Andy.   This is #41 aka TMonk.  (Thanks Andy!)
This ODK kit is TINY.   

20221008_103404.jpg.c36bf3d2f13350591b1c46939bd82d53.jpg

Oz, you'll need to act like nothing else in your world is occurring and jump right on that Japanese model kit section, lol.   🤖

Anyway - this thread and topic just keeps giving. 
It's like the jelly of the month club, Clark!! 

The next kit that I may or may not (probably not) work on will be this fellow.   🙂  
For now, I will just enjoy the box art.

Happy weekend to all of you!

DSC00005.JPG.1cfb073372a218d62fa2bf0e1834b392.JPG

• 4 months later...

Damn.   This one came home to roost, right?

Kudos to Plastic A for birthing this thread - and respect to Gernot for being Gernot.

And - what an amazing hobby that these odd little toys hold our fascination, so many years later.
Cheers, Kirk