Altaira's Collection

Morbius

Wow! If I hadn't seen these at Botstock I wouldn't believe how small they are. Great additions to your Botstock win.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Altaira, very nice display of these mini-bots. I personally have never seen these before, and apparently you can only get them from France?? They are plastic ? I like the die-cast minnies also, and I see you have them as well. After seeing the latest photos of your collection, I have viewed your entire posted colllection for the first time and it is very impressive. A very big thumbs-up !! It was great to see you grow with your collection. One thing I did pick up on though-please ask your dad to finish the story and tell exactly what did happen when he poured a soda through his piston robot !! It was very nice to meet you and your dad at B-10, and I was unaware of the "Kelly robot conversion" story behind your one Robby, I will tell Amanda. :biggrin:

Ultrarobotman,

It's an old French tradition. Tradition holds that the cake is “to draw the kings” to the Epiphany. A figurine, la fève, which can represent anything from a car to a cartoon character, is hidden in the cake and the person who finds the trinket in their slice becomes king for the day and will have to offer the next cake. Originally, la fève was literally a broad bean (fève), but it was replaced in 1870 by a variety of figurines out of porcelain or—more recently—plastic. These figurines have become popular collectibles and can often be bought separately. Individual bakeries may offer a specialized line of fèves depicting diverse themes from great works of art to classic movie stars and popular cartoon characters. There are other models " fèves robot ". :thumbs:

Alain

Thank you very much for the information, Alain.It is very interesting to learn of things that are new to me, and to be reminded that our members come from different parts of the globe. Speaking only for myself, I can be short- minded sometimes. (o.k., alot). And the really great thing is, to quote a very wise man called Morbius, we are always learning here... :biggrin:

"when he poured a soda through his piston robot !!"

Actually, it was *Altaira who poured the cola through the piston-bot, she was a bout 2 and thought he looked thirsty...must be the leaded paint that prevented the total destruction of the robot!

(thanks for the compliment Ultrarobotman). :biggrin: Everyone here has their own specialties and unique areas of knowledge regarding the toys here that we revere as an art form since they survived way beyond their initial purpose which was more-or-less a week or so after Christmas and the holiday season when they were tossed because they no longer worked or they were dropped or stepped on (memories ROBOTHUNTER???) :crying-and-sobbing: :rolling:

post-298-0-54518500-1370722503_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

When my Dad and I got the deliveries from Robothunter I was really surprised when I discovered one of the boxes was for me, and saw the colourful tin robot gifts! THANKYOU I love them!! I finally have a Conehead, it's a music box. :wub::biggrin:

post-728-0-69879600-1375977246_thumb.jpg

post-728-0-91748400-1375977262_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

When I opened my own box from ROBOTHUNTER here are the rest of the items I found in it. THANK YOU for the great additions to my collection!!! :woohoo:

post-728-0-13537700-1377034683_thumb.jpg

post-728-0-98419700-1377034701_thumb.jpg

post-728-0-65694100-1377034718_thumb.jpg

post-728-0-69363200-1377034736_thumb.jpg

post-728-0-70653800-1377037833_thumb.jpg

After talking with my Dad after he opened his boxes (hint hint) :woohoo: I was able to add these 2 vintage Robby toys from ROBOTHUNTER. The vintage PUG ROBBY is really really beautiful and runs really fast!!!! I love having my own vintage windup rubber hand version.

post-728-0-54111400-1377034881_thumb.jpg

post-728-0-19781600-1377034899_thumb.jpg

Great additions for your collection. The Future Car set really stands out and the Purple Metallic Robby is sooooo cool looking. I see we have added a few Papa-San/Comet toy Robots to the collection also the paint finish looks great. Your collection is really growing and as always looking Fantastic. :thumbs:

• 1 year later...

My Lobster-Claw window-hanger Robbys, silver and gold. I also have the big ones in silver and gold, received them all from ROBOTHUNTER many years ago. :wub:

post-728-0-90054300-1409084041_thumb.jpg

WOW !!! your collection is really growing. Wind up that new musical conehead so the rest of the new additions can dance! :thumbs:

Archived