Altaira's Collection

Morbius

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou NASA, I've always been around the robots, I had NO CHOICE but to fall in love with them.

Thanks to the other ALPHADROMERS for helping me with information and also many of my robots are from other Alphadromers including John Rigg, Brian (Dr. Atomic), Steve Jaspen, Larry 7, Robert Johnson, ROBOTNUT, Phil R., Larry Waldman, Robert Kew, and ROBOTHUNTER to name some.

post-728-1262746576.jpg

• 1 year later...

Sounds like it was a quiet robot year for you. :rolleyes:

On the other hand I think different facets of a teenagers life became more important for you. ;) Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Finally I have the whole set: I received the red one MIB from Larry Waldman at Botstock in 2007 now my Dad (Morbius) managed to find me a whole set to add to the collection. He tried a few times before and was sniped but we won this time. :thumbs:

post-728-0-54305300-1345503958.jpg

A nice set of really cool looking robots. Congratulations. I certainly have not seen them as much lately like I used to.

jimm, I originally added a set of these in boxes during the mid 1970's from an old run-down secondhand store in Toronto. An elderly gentleman insisted they were made of metal although I could see they weren't. At $1.29 each back then they were a nice find but they were later given away to some kid I suppose at some point as I pared down the collection after adding what I considered too much of the Chinese stuff.

Back in the early '80s when I met wife of Morbius she insisted that as the old Japanese tin toys were becoming more difficult to locate, the HK plastic and contemporary tin toys would in fact be desirable at some point and she was dead-on. :hail:

I really like these guys too especially with the Hot Wheels type Spectraflame-type coating. It's been quite a challenge to get hold of 'em again.

They've been inching up there on e-bay over the past couple of years, still reasonable but I had some real competition in getting hold of 'em again. It's always advisable to have that dollar mark that we won't go above to get a piece but eventually it'll pay off if you catch others snoozing at the keyboard! :pfft:

............... but eventually it'll pay off if you catch others snoozing at the keyboard! :pfft:

Like what happened to me this week - missed out on 5 hard plastic Moldex spacemen some with helmets and a rocket shaped pencil case. Damn the flu?!?!?

• 9 months later...

Thanks to Guy and Dr. Atomic for information and helping me out to complete the rest of the set that I won in the raffle at Botstock X! They just showed up today from France.

post-728-0-62942700-1370623770_thumb.jpg

Wonderful looking mini set. I love the Ultra Huck version they are so rare to find as a mini and even as a Tin toy win-up. :thumbs:

Archived