The Collector

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink: :blink: :blink:

This is a SUPER GREAT collection!

:blink: :D B) :P

I like the white lion sitting on a spaceship beside Astro Boy.

I used to watch the white lion cartoon but can't remember the name now.

Cheers to your impressive collections :)

post-648-1210274831.jpg

Slightly off topic...

That's be Kimba, the white Lion. One of the few other Osamu Tezuka (creater of Astro Boy) cartoons that made it to the US. Kimba is the story of a lion who is growing up and his father, the lead lion of the pride is killed, and Kimba takes his place. A "circle of life" cartoon. Sound familiar? There are those in Japan that accuse Disney of stealing the idea and making it "The Lion King". The similarities are many. There is a T-shirt from Japan that shows Simba from The Lion King, though the text reads "The Lying King"....

Oh...Thanks SarasotaRobby :D

Hey A.G.,

I didn't mean your question was off topic, rather my reply might start to venture that way......

Anyway, after this weekend I'll try and get shots of all my Osamu Tezuka robots and robot related stuff, and start a Tezuka thread somewhere, unless I find an existing one in the meantime.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Good Lord, what an incredible collection. You really are THE Collector, aren't you? I feel priviledged just for the opportunity to see PHOTOS of your displays!

I'm sure all of us would like to hear some of your backstory, like when you got into collecting, how you found some of your treasures, and stuff like that.

Come to think of it, you should just write a book! (And our own Dr.Atomic would be the perfect guy to collaborate with you on just such a project, too)

Thank you for taking the time to shoot all those photos and post them here for our collective (stunned) enjoyment.

I finnaly got on a computer with a DSL connection as dial up was not going to get the job done. Thank You for sharing your great collection. Loved every picture of it!

• 2 weeks later...
Astro Galaxy said:

:blink: 😄 B) 😛

Cheers to your impressive collections 🙂

His name is Kimba.

As for when I started collecting, it's been about 30 years for the Japanese stuff. 20 years for the Eu stuff and a dozen or so for the rest of the tin.

Fantastic collection. Enjoyed seeing all the Robots, Japanese stuff BUT I would love to see a close up of your two Indians on your other tin toy shelves as I am trying to identify one that I bought off ebay a while back. Thanks for shareing your collection, just as I was getting a bit jaded with seeing "the usual suspects" everywhere, there appear pictures that open up a whole new set of (to me anyway) toys .

• 1 year later...

Hello All:

I thought I would bump this up.

The Morphy auction does not seem to be generating the excitement on this site that it is on the

"Other Robot" and vinyl toy collecting sites.

Good Luck to Mark on the new direction and new collection.

Wish I could be there for this.

But have fun!

Mr. Jan

• 6 months later...

You are correct. Here is a close-up:

I agree...an awesome collection!

I was wondering whether you'd care to share whatever information you might have on the tin lithograph mechanical rocket bank to the left of the robot in this picture?

Thank you.

Here's a pic of my most recent aquisition, to which I'm refering:

post-1299-1272308879.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived