The Fjw Flying Saucer Collection

Fineas J. Whoopie

Noel ! That has to be one of the coolest tin toys I have ever seen !!! Dan Dare ??? WOW !!!! P.S. It needs a vertical stab ,,,otherwise it is going to have problems with Dutch rolls on approach !!!! ;) I like this toy !!!!!! FJW ,,,,your saucer collection is top notch !!! The Z-112 type saucers are something I have never seen . They are just great with the ribbing down the main fuselage.

Hey thanks Eagle, glad you like it... I spoke to Dan dare and told him to fix up a vertical stab but he say's

"who's gonna see a Dutch roll in outer space anyway" :D he say's his mates haven't got one either! :D

Noel.

post-648-1207944913.jpg

post-648-1207944970.jpg

post-648-1207945017.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrific photos Toyman. Didn´t notice these Dan Dare rockets before.

Where is the connection to these Technofix rockets? :unsure: Who copied whom? :blink: Or is it all from the same moulds?

post-544-1207946242.jpg

Terrific photos Toyman. Didn´t notice these Dan Dare rockets before.

Where is the connection to these Technofix rockets? :unsure: Who copied whom? :blink: Or is it all from the same moulds?

post-544-1207946242.jpg

Hi Blechroboter, the "Rocket Spaceship 305" in the 2nd picture started it off, it's from the USA and made by Wyandotte and dates from 1938...yes that's right, I said 1938!! not bad eh!

The Dan dare is 1950's and the German versions are around the same period. There is an English version called Firebird that's exactly the same shape in silver with RAF roundels on the wings ( a sort of airforce / space crossover) you'll notice that by now it's a simple pressing without the sparking mechanism, I had one but the condition wasn't good (but good enough for Ebay!)

Noel.

post-648-1207952091.jpg

Noel ! That has to be one of the coolest tin toys I have ever seen !!! Dan Dare ??? WOW !!!! P.S. It needs a vertical stab ,,,otherwise it is going to have problems with Dutch rolls on approach !!!! ;) I like this toy !!!!!! FJW ,,,,your saucer collection is top notch !!! The Z-112 type saucers are something I have never seen . They are just great with the ribbing down the main fuselage.

Thanks for the kind comments Eagle, here's a pic of another variation on the Z-112 saucer you mentioned, does anyone know what the missing disc/satellite/spinner attachment looks like ? :blink:

By the way I dont mean to take the focus off Fineas' fabulous saucer collection but it's all intresting in the Alphadrome world!

Noel...again!

post-648-1207953217.jpg

Toyman - fantastic condition on those two rockets! The last pic you posted shows two toys that were high on my want list at the time I started this thread, I did eventually add a X-326 but am still looking for an MT Space Explorer rocket. As for the prop that goes with the X-326, there is an MT friction Atomic Rocket that has the same "prop launching mechanism". I have some pics somewhere of that toy with it's original prop. I've always assumed that the prop for that toy would be correct for the X-326 also. I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

Eagle - I'm glad you like the saucers.:)

post-143-1207984452.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived