THE MORBIUS COLLECTION

Morbius

Thanks Roboto.  The new additions have a different key on them, they appear to be the knock-offs of the Durham versions. This Durham version also has different decals on front/back.

P1150532.JPG

P1150534.JPG

P1150542.JPG

P1150543.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbius

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

New items thanks to Ranger,  thank you for the complimentary and surprize additions to our little museum.  Kelly, myself and Laurie all love these guys, there's something about these little 'pocket-'bots'.   Kelly brightened up big time..."That's really cool, I remember that one" referring to the purple leg version she played with as a kid and then one day the 'bot literally crumbled into oblivion.

They all have their charm in a different way than the $$$ tin that they reside next to. Love the L.I.S. details on the little off-white guy, never seen this one before.  How'd you know I love copper-bots?

Thankyou Ranger, made my day.  And they got across the pond quicker than I could send a local letter in my own town.

Blue-purple guy is now with his brothers (although the yellow one appears to be a knock-off).

3 thumbs up!:thumbs:

P1150702.JPG

P1150703.JPG

copper1.JPG

Hi Mike

Glad they all made it in one piece. The copper robot is 'Bramen' robot from the British TV puppet series 'Thunderbirds' in the 1960's. Bramen was created by Brains. 

https://youtu.be/3lo88zpY-E8

Pleased to help add a few little pieces to your great collection. Best wishes to you,Laurie and Kelly. 👍🤖👍

Laurie says a big thank you too, she loves 'em.  

We'll always know where these came from, it wouldn't be such a collection without the Alphadromers involved in it and a piece of many 'dromers on our shelves.   It's truly an international gathering in our cabinets.  I've noticed too over the years, the ones we bought in Canada mirror the ones in Europe colour-wise especially, the U.S. versions are often quite different from the those.

Thanks again, brought some fun in the mail for a change.

Those small wind up Star robots are cool. I've just picked up the yellow one some days ago (have a look at my collection).

Your collection is great. I like the mix between the classic tin  robots and the plastic ones. I particulary appreciate your orange section. Suprisingly,  so few robots were made with that color which was so popular in the 60's and 70's.

• 4 weeks later...

My apologies Ranger...I forgot to mention the Z-windup fella with the twirling arms, thank you for sending this guy too, lots of fun and fits right in with the original Tomy 'bots.  I appreciate them all.

robo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2017 at 1:21 PM, 6Stelab9 said:

Those small wind up Star robots are cool. I've just picked up the yellow one some days ago (have a look at my collection).

Your collection is great. I like the mix between the classic tin  robots and the plastic ones. I particulary appreciate your orange section. Suprisingly,  so few robots were made with that color which was so popular in the 60's and 70's.

Thank you  6Stelab9, yes too bad there were never many orange 'bots.  In '82 when I met wife Laurie, I had been giving away many plastic robots and space toys for years.  She reminded me that the plastics would become collectible one day when the tin gets too expensive.  I should've listened more as I still unloaded plastic stuff for a few years after that.

I've been back to visit your collection, really wonderful items on your shelves.  Well organized.

• 2 weeks later...

A shout-out of great thanks to  Mick_B for the opportunity to add this little fellow (actually Little Robot" by name) to the shelf again after all these years just like my old one in the vintage pic.  Often it's the little things that are so much fun, sometimes we overlook that fact.  

He was beamed to my door at warp speed!   

Much appreciated, one of the finest folks I've dealt with anywhere, a great deal.

Yellowyes.JPG

YELLOW OCEAN067.jpg

bunch - Copy.JPGDear Paul, now you've really done it, cluttering up my shelves with more of these guys.

THANK YOU!!  

I was not expecting anything like this in the mail, I knew something was on its way but I had no idea.

How did you know I really wanted an original vintage trade box for these guys?  It's always been that Global Shipping Program that's been an issue getting stuff from ebay these days.

Thanks very much for making my day, our car and our poodle have been blowing through major funds lately with the first repairs in 10 years on the car and Farley the poodle's breathing issues...  it's really wonderful to have something positive.  All these years and now between Mick_B and you with this trade box there's a whole collection here to ogle and you know they've gone to a good home. They go very well with my one lonely carded version I've had for a few years now, got that one from Italy.

Kinda like the Hotel California song.  They can visit any time they want but they can never leave. 

Thanks again my friend, our year-long jaunt nattering about that orange-top was lots of fun.  Sometimes the simple stuff IS the most fun of all along with the folks here like you who make the hobby what it is, much more than just gathering stuff for the shelf.

Best Regards

Mike

Gang all here.JPG

Little card.JPG

Little2 (1).JPG

bunch - Copy.JPG

Thanks Ultrarobotman, the 'dromers have been  extraordinarily  helpful in  finding  these little gems again and it's much appreciated.  :thumbs:Terrific group here for sure.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:48 PM, Ultrarobotman said:

Growing and growing! Very nice additions as well as seeing great folks helping you build your collection back up! :cheers:

Not much left to find, very few robots and space vehicles left to go that I have any interest in, I'm gettin' there.:frustrate: