THE MORBIUS COLLECTION

Morbius

Wow Mike Great Robby collection that you and Altaira share! Can you share more pictures of the forbidden planet saucer?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbius

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This isn't easy to take a pic of as it's so reflective. I've seen them on e-bay but don't know exactly who has 'em. It's machined aluminium and quite heavy.

post-298-0-64334300-1375976094_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-94474300-1375976106_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-68454100-1375976115_thumb.jpg

post-298-0-31936300-1375976159_thumb.jpg

Well ER&S Kelly and I merged them all for the 'family pic', we do have separate collections. *Altaira will post what's hers in a new Private Collection post soon.

The great purple one and some others :woohoo: are *Altaira's from the ROBOTHUNTER collection, :crying-and-sobbing: she'll reveal 'em in an updated post. Yes, we need the young collectors to carry on. :lecture:

post-298-0-32550800-1376015250.jpg

Thank you Tinman93, took a little while to bring it all together but it was part of a deal I couldn't pass up. That one is so pristine it's amazing, aside from a touch of ageing of the bright metal ears he looks absolutely new with a 'wet shine'. I still keep him at eye level on the shelf to stare at his litho. :cheers:

The Moon Robot is absolutely awesome in the real sense of the word with such a hefty and large scale for a windup. He was played with a little but very gently and he tells a great story just like his big brother Mech. Door and Moon are two 'bots I never thought I'd ever be able to add to the shelf but if you don't give up you'll land them eventually, all it takes is some patience. :frustrate: You never know there may be more additions, stay tuned. :scratchhead:

To: Robothunter, Altaira and I have been a little slow to post recent wonderful additions to our collections from yours but rest assured we'll get it done. :biggrin:

So sorry to hear and see you pulled most of your hair out last week. Hope all is getting better... look at the bright side; a lot of women like balding men..- post-1682-0-77567700-1376622088.jpg :rolling::rolling::rolling:

Darn right! :diggin::rolling::breakit:

And I've pulled most of it out as of last week!!! :ohmy::blub:

Some others added from the ROBOTHUNTER collection. The Outer Space Robot visor version is really an interesting take on this toy. When these guys run they really run!

It's been a great month for additions to the collection after such a long dry spell, sort of a retirement gift to myself! :cheers::diablo::thumbs:

Thanks again Pat for the wonderful opportunity and the many discussions to make this a reality, added many I thought I'd never see on the shelf.

post-298-0-56752500-1377018317_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New pic of the major Robby Family (not including *Altaira's Planet Robots). Can't thank ROBOTHUNTER enough for his time pulling this deal together over many weeks, I've had trouble leaving the Robot Room since the new placements arrived to join the rest. :hail: *Altaira loves all of her additions (some pictured here en masse) the new stuff as well as the beautiful vintage Robby pieces especially the shining Gold Pug.

BTW the red Robby-type fella up near front/centre was a lovely gift from 9TOBOR9 of Belgium some years ago to *Ataira (Kelly) when she was starting out as an Alphadromer. Thank you Xris!! :wub: Hope all is well with you and the family.

post-298-0-76329900-1378083656_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thanks Ultrarobotman! I've had more satisfaction being somewhat focused on a theme of the Robby style robots as the only 'bots I had as a kid other than Zeroids were the Robby tin toys when I was very young. For me I think that's why I ventured in that direction. I'd had a long dry spell, found some leads then felt the timing was right to expand the Robot Room. Sort of a retirement gift to myself. Pat (Robothunter) was invaluable in adding pieces.

I really am taken with the finish on this Mechanized example acquired from Dr. Atomic (thanks Brian) as it's not a wet-shine as some of them are, more matte finish akin to the real star.

The real dilemma is in regard to shelving these guys, $$ on shelves VS $$ on the toys. :wacko:

post-298-0-20129800-1389639706.jpg