THE MORBIUS COLLECTION

Morbius

WOW! a door robot added to your collection.That is actually great to see a top-notch bot like this one going from your friend Pat to you rather than just going out on the open market,what I mean is it is reassuring to see collectors keeping these rare robots in the hands of trusted people who will keep them very safe and admire them! A huge two thumbs up on this one,Morbius.Congrats!! :hail:  :thumbs:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbius

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Ultrarobotman, forgot this isn't Face****.  I have to make it known here that I'm not skimming anything off the top of Pat's upcoming auction, this piece was added 2.5 years ago along with others long before we even heard of his auction details, you can see the others added from page 8 on this thread. I've edited my last post accordingly.

Unless life takes some weird turns, this is part of the permanent collection and is cherished along with the others.:biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

'I saw three ships come sailing in...' as the song goes.  Got my 3rd in the set from Santa!

three ships.JPG

These 2 1970s figures are now back home too!

ship.JPG

That is probably the underlying goal for most of us older guys-getting them ALL back home again. Sometimes now I stumble across a photo of a toy and it jogs my memory "Hey, I had one of those!" Congratulations, Morbius on getting more back in your collection where they belong.2nd photo makes it look like the left & right saucers morphed into space figures now fighting over the remaining saucer. Very nice!! :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Nasa.  I was a dealing with a dragster builder in North Carolina and the auction pics were taken on his work bench.  All his other listings were for drag parts, carbs, exhausts, engines and the like. He was also a Martin breeder.

As what happened with Pat a few years ago with his Roto-Jet gun (do you recall?) I attempted to have him change the listing to a B.I.N. with my offer of what I thought it was worth and he replied 'this must be a joke, that's insane it's just a stupid little toy'.  The auction played out and he got $2.50 less in the end.  :thumbs:

There it is! Great looking car & box. Funny story too, just like at yard sales or garage sales, some people have no clue what some of these toys are worth to the right person.

Even when you TELL THEM that you know the market the seller won't believe you. I was there when they were new c.1976 and I've watched them off and on since. Yes they have gone up from $1 original price and I do like when the seller has dishes and other 'antiques' and it's something they don't deal in where you can really get a bargain.  This seller kept telling me he was going to change the listing for over 5 days, kept making the same excuse 'I haven't got home from work yet'.    ALL WEEK LONG, he obviously works 24 hours a day raising Martins. He thought I was crazy and told me so. AND lost $2.50 he could've had.:woohoo:

src.jpg

gooberscustomerservice.jpg

Just a side note- I also love looking at the other items for sale from a seller and finding that all the other items are non-space related and usually from the description I can tell it is a good deal and the seller does not know what they have. I also click on all the pics and try to see the background of the photo and really like when the background is orderly, clean and well-to-do. That's when I get excited about bidding, Goober. Ha Ha! :biggrin: