THE MORBIUS COLLECTION

Morbius

This guy's just past 18 years now.  Ray Rohr Mechanized, 1st edition.  To me the most beautiful Robby made, as Ray once said...the one we all wanted as a kid.

Rohr1.JPG

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbius

• Ultrarobotman

• Roboto

• 6Stelab9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This guy's just past 18 years now.  Ray Rohr Mechanized, 1st edition.  To me the most beautiful Robby made, as Ray once said...the one we all wanted as a kid.

Rohr1.JPG

​How very true. :thumbs:

OMG! Has it actually been 18 years since we got these terrific Robby robots from Ray? Time is flying by way too fast for this collector!

Also hard to believe it's been almost 40 years since I started collecting the 'bots and space toys.  All from finding a Roto-Robot at Goodwill for 25c and the odd flea-market find.  

Started this hoard-dom...AND LOVING IT! :breakit:

In all fairness to you, Morbius I think it may be time to start charging him rent money since he has turned 18. It really is amazing how fast the time goes by for all of us but it only proves that we are all having so much fun at what we do!:biggrin:

HeHe!!!  I agree Ultrarobotman he should pay up.  Only issue is his few hundred siblings are over 50 years old and not one of them has moved out.  'Cause I won't let them!:woohoo:

• 4 months later...

Sorry, somehow I ended up adding a quote from someone else that I can't get rid of. Anyway Morbius, just to say that I have enjoyed looking through your considerable collection,great!

Thanks very much Ranger.  Started as a lark about 40 years ago, not too esoteric...only found like beings on Alphadrome about 10 years ago then it all started to grow and I have many members here to thank for that who have been a big help with the hobby (and lots of KD because of it). 

A few days ago I was in the Robot Room and it hit me, I believe daughter *Altaira's collection is outpacing my own by far.  It's hereditary I tell ya!!!!!:woohoo:

I really enjoy your posts Ranger, you're helping to keep the threads alive!!:cheers:

I've had an issue from time to time as well on here, it'll automatically post a pic from my PC, I'd better be careful what it uploads!:oops:

Morbius what a great collection! as if you didn't know,:hail:

i'm gonna research Ray Rohr Mechanized, 1st edition he looks really good but i don't know to much about the robby robots

thiers alot of different robbys so thiers alot to learn thier.

thanks for showing them.:thumbs:

Thank you palo, lots of years building in there but that was before the days of the internet and e-bay, had to hunt them down at toy shows and old stores.

As for the Ray Rohr Mechanized robot, these were done in limited numbers with this one 1,000 as far as I know.  They do show up on e-bay occasionally and the price is usually quite reasonable, often less than the reproduction black Mechanized.  That's the best Robby of all in my opinion but I don't think it's had the following it deserves.  John Rigg of the Robot Hut was involved in the final trouble-shooting of this unique toy.

• 2 weeks later...