Rare Vintage Mexican Robot Video

robothut

post-2-1133574394.jpgYes thats how the arms work. They ran a linkage wire from the leg bell crank like normaL, the difference is that the legs move forward and back ward when the bell crank moves forward and back ward but because the arm linkage wire is running straight up the arms move when the bell crank moves up and down so the arm movement is 90 degrees out of sync with the leg movent, You can sort of see the upper linkage point in this picture.

post-2-1133574394.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• target

• duxastrogirl

• Andyman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the past, I fiddled 'round with one of these. It goes by the gracious

name of "Fuki". (Oh those halcyan days of innocence)

It looks like one of the first "Garage"-robots. I mean that it is made by a company

that had a very good metal workshop, but were not original toymakers.

I am sure that John will agree with me that is is made in exactly the way

a skilled engineer would make a toy robot for his childern.

I have never come across one of these, that has all the paint. This goes to show that

the Japanese toymakers knew what they were doing as most robots are destroyed

by leaky batteries rather than play. Apart from the paint the Fuki will live for ever

as it is built like a tank.

Well John, I must say this is a great robot to have and be proud of ! I have been searching for this for a long time and they never seem to come in great condition, yet alone to find one.I was thinking a number of years ago of restoring him , but it would kill the real value of this unique robot. Thanks for getting him going and sharing with the Alphadrome collectors. :D

OUT-FRICKIN'-STANDING! I love the original patina, it's perfect just like it is! Out here in Cali. we say it's got "flavah!"

I liked it until I saw it in motion, then I loved it! That blue mask, the arm movement, and the clunky simplicity of it.. brilliant. Glad you have it Robothut, thanks for sharing!

Rocket -[O_O]-

martian Posted on Dec 3 2005, 08:20 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great robot and awesome box art. John, where do the batteries go,

what type and how many ? 

Plasticaugie posted the battery pack photo before on;

Apr 6 2005, 04:07 PM

Rocket "Out here in Cali. we say it's got "flavah!"

Translation: it's a rare

specimen

post-2-1133609642.jpg

:) Amazing! What a great addition, Target! Now I have a question, theoretically, does anyone see any influences from other early robots in the design and manufacture of this robot? I mean, does it look like they bought a Zoomer in 1954 and copied the legs mechanism and went on from from there to start designing their own unique robot? Of course, the robot body is totally original and awesome! And the battery placement and container looks totally unique, but are there any similarities to any other period robots that this manufacturer may have been influenced by? -L7

John for some reason I cannot see the movie...:(

How tall is it? I had the idea it was smaller but in the pics looks big.

Henk,I thought "Foki" was the argentinean robot of the game (Foki the martian)...Is the name so similar??

PS: Jay I stole the pic from your site...

post-2-1133627596.jpg

Congratulations on this once in a lifetime find Target. I'm curious about the blue material illuminated in the head. Can you describe it? Is it original or replaced?

post-2-1133643717.jpgI don't know what Mark has to add but I can tell you that it is a plastic material, it is flexable, looks like a metal flake but lights up! here is a inside the head shot. It does look like the On Off switch has been replaced as it is very shinny and clean. The eye material reminds me of the plastic covering on old CUSTOM brand gutar amps. sort of a metal flack vinyl but translucent.

Henk was right on his discription of the robot construction it is alot like what is called Folk Art, the thing that takes it to next level is the box art work that seems like a production toy.

post-2-1133643717.jpg

Fineas J. Whoopie the inner head on my Mexican Robot had a Metallic Blue look. Almost looks like a sparkle sticker from the 60's-early 70's ! This robot has great action and I can 't thank John Rigg enough for giving him a kick start. This robot according to Mark Bergin and Ray Rohr is extremely rare to find in any condition ! :D

Great photos! So what is the mechanism mounted up under the top of the head and connected to the white "nipple" on top of the head? Was there some sort of rotating antenna that goes there?