• Andyman

• 6Stelab9

• Golddalek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/16/2022 at 9:02 AM, Andyman said:

Well that was bass ackwards!

and, winner winner, chicken dinner!

Hello Robot Race fans! Welcome to Race 10 in the 2022 Robot Racing Cabinet Series. This race is brought to you by the wind. Holy hell, is it windy out... I''m still going to complain about the wind. Give it rest. 65 years - that's the amount of time that spanned between the creation of the robots facing off in race #10. The Yonezawa Space Scout was made in Japan in 1958. Very cool - inertia crang winding action, a unique robot. a bit like a Winky - but not. The resin 3d printed Easel Back Robot from John Rigg is Zero years old. An amazing robot that features all of John's many robot designing inovations. In the vid, make sure to check out those lighted eyes - the sequencing and color variations are fantastic. Also quite likely fantastic? His speed - John's robots have shown a bit a speed down the lane, so look out! Who will be the fastest? Hard to say - I even have the video & I'm not certain... This might need a re-match - or commentors get to decide...? Down to the cabinet we go! Cheers all, I hope you enjoyed this thrilling bit of nerd distraction. For more excitement, please subscribe. Look me up on insta @ https://www.instagram.com/martian_gil/ Find more on John Rigg and his robots here; http://robothut.robotnut.com/ For the joint where all the robot heads visit for the best info @ https://alphadrome.net/forums/

I think 'Wind ups' , 'Battery powered', and 'Air power' Robots 🤖 deserve their own Racing categories like

NASCAR, Stock car, drag racing, and Global Rallycross. .....Who knew there was so much fun in wooden cabinets.?  👀  

20 hours ago, robothut said:

I think the easel back can take him in a 440 yard dash.

He certainly has the power for a longer race 🙂      

20 hours ago, 6Stelab9 said:

I like the calm of the green audience

I needed these to characters to make sure that order and fairness was maintained...   some of the robots have their own bias, of course 🙂

17 hours ago, Golddalek said:

I think 'Wind ups' , 'Battery powered', and 'Air power' Robots 🤖 deserve their own Racing categories like

NASCAR, Stock car, drag racing, and Global Rallycross. .....Who knew there was so much fun in wooden cabinets.?  👀  

Exactly!    Obstacle courses seem like the next, logical step... army men, monsters, buildings...   🙂

4 hours ago, Andyman said:

I think the Space Scout was doing it's one armed victory dance a bit prematurely.

Word.    My thoughts too at first...  then, I thought perhaps the old coot thougth he still had his cane.   Which race officials took from him during warmups....

DSC09101_(1).JPG

Race #11 is loading, but seems to have locked up...
Here's a preview until it's all set.   
Off to do some chores.
Cheers!

DSC09112.JPG

50 minutes ago, ckalkhof said:

Hey man, PC-3 was running with a bum leg. That's not fair! 

You run with what you got.

5 hours ago, ckalkhof said:

Hey man, PC-3 was running with a bum leg. That's not fair

Sonof a duckturd!  I cant believe I missed checking that - his batt compartment screw was giving me fits...

A review might be in order.

4 hours ago, Andyman said:

You run with what you got.

Fair point.  And Im not sure any robot I have can touch the wind up.  🙂

RACE DELAY

See vid below and please rewad vid comments for more info.
This message is also endorsed by my friend Carl,
Cheers, and be kind.

Wow...That is a coOL linear walker. !!🤖

I really like the SST looking landing gear type wheels.

Home made creation?🤔 

Reminds me of an Isaac Asimov robot short story where his description fits that shape.

Yea..Yellow dude took it....no contest.👨‍🏭