Space Explorer (Yonezawa TV) Robot Repair

Fineas J. Whoopie

Thanks larry, nice of you to say.

Robert- Bart's going to Hawaii instead of Botstock? Too bad - I was looking forward to meeting him there. Say it ain't so Bart! :o (or do you mean last year?)

just happy to hear you say" iiiittttt wwoooorrrkkeeddd!!!!

glad i could help. thanks for the cudos.

botstock is very up in the air for me. i will go if i can. robots are a true passion and i believe huts place is gonna be the best robot crazy kid fair in the U.S. .

• 2 weeks later...

and congrats on picking up the R-35 last night! What a nice robot and box, please post some pictures when you get him. -Larry 7

Here you go Larry. I know you bid on this robot and I'm guessing that you were thinking the same thing that I was, that often on a battery operated toy when the lights work but there is no motor activity then it's most likely just a gummed up motor. That's the gamble I took on this one and it paid off. I'm happy to say that a little (O.K. a bit more than a little) "working" of the pin protruding from the foot, in and out - up and down, with the batteries in and the switch on, was all this guy needed to nudge the motor back to life. It makes you wonder how many of the "non-working" battery operated toys out there could be resuscitated like this, without opening them up?

post-2-1115597516.jpg

:) He is adorable! Aren't they cool! And that box, awesome! Look at the price! I picked up one late last week, in the high three hundreds, Link , can't wait to get him. -Larry 7

Beautiful example Fineas and Larry you just answered a question

that has been bugging me for years. Larry, I always thought that

the Linemar/Marx version of R-35 was blue and the <MT> Masudaya

version was green. Larry it looks like you have a blue Masudaya

R-35. This is not an ad as the auction is over, but I'm selling a

green Masudaya R-35 right now at...

Green R-35 Robot

I'm really amazed at how many of these R-35's have survived.

There must have been a sh*t load of them made. Before eBay,

a boxed example would easily bring $1000. Now it's more like $300... :huh:

a boxed example would easily bring $1000. Now it's more like $300... :huh:

Woah guys, I just paid over $500 for mine and I thought I got a solid deal. I mean at least humor me. :P

But seriously Darryl, I bet several bidders are ready to snipe your auction as we speak.....

Fineas, I guess you were right, $450 !

A few years ago I payed $500 for a Linemar R-35 with no box... :rolleyes:

But seriously Darryl, I bet several bidders are ready to snipe your auction as we speak.....

See, what'd I tell ya? :D I think that the going price for a boxed example these days is more in the $500 range, but the longer I'm in this hobby the more I realize how diffucult a "market value" is to pin down.

BTW Darryl- Happy Birthday!!!

• Brian.. changed the title to Space Explorer (Yonezawa TV) Robot Repair

Archived