Build the 1950's version of Robby the Robot's Heart Box.

robothut

Now the geneva dial can fit onto the drive shaft in different positions so rotate it until you find the 1 position where the LEDs are vertical and horizontal.

Now push the geneva dial on the drive shaft , if it fits snug great, if it lose then a drop of glue will be needed. If you have wired up the power to the contacts and the motor you should be able to test the unit.. If it works then you can glue the unit to the frame. I like to insert a thin cardboard ring around the geneva dial when doing this so I know the dial is centered in the opening and will not drag one its glues in place. remove the cardboard insert and test. used a 3 AA battery holder with built in switch for my build.

DSC06630.jpg

DSC06631.jpg

DSC06632.jpg

DSC06692.jpg

DSC06693.jpg

As for paint. It does seem to be true that Model Master has stopped production of the spray can gun metal paint 1455, but I see on amazon that you can still buy it in air brush bottle mix and they sell a Model master Acrylic gun metal that I have not tried #4681. But just about any gun metal paint will look good I would think. I even like the VHT cast iron paint, it has some sliver fleks in it so it kind of looks like robby on LIS.

41B9wj8IdVL._AC_.jpg

Cinefantastique Vol 08 No 2-3 (1979)_0049.jpg

DSC06566.jpg

DSC06581.jpg

DSC06583.jpg

DSC06584.jpg

• Brian.. changed the title to Build the 1950's version of Robby the Robot's Heart Box.