3d printed Dual Action robot type 1. Inverted pin walker

robothut

The body front I prep with a metal foil inside to keep the LEDs from lighting up the body plastic so the light will be seen threw the holes only. I then add a red jell so the holes so they look dark when not lit.

DSC05878.jpg

DSC05881.jpg

DSC05882.jpg

DSC05883.jpg

DSC05884.jpg

DSC05885.jpg

DSC05753.jpg

DSC05754.jpg

DSC05755.jpg

The 555 timer board is placed in the front. I do have to change the .1uf timing cap to a 4.7uf to 10 uf cap then the trim pot can be used to adjust the run cycle timing.

DSC05861.jpg

DSC05862.jpg

This is wonderful John! I really like the inverted pin walker design and the aesthetics are awesome on this one.

I love the color. Is that the Paramount filament? If so, how was it to work with? The company has some great colors that I’d like to try out once I finally get my own printer.

Yes the paramount red you sent me. They do not call out a color name on the lable, kind of a maroon ,Prints just fine as you can see in the builds. The green prints fine but not right for this project. Might use it up prototyping parts.

24 minutes ago, robothut said:

Yes the paramount red you sent me. They do not call out a color name on the lable, kind of a maroon ,Prints just fine as you can see in the builds. The green prints fine but not right for this project. Might use it up prototyping parts.

Nice. I want to say the name on that one was fire brick red or something like that. This design looks great in that color.