• roboz

• Brian..

• Andyman

• K-9

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, roboz said:

The game is from 1953 so my guess is the Hans gun copied the game 

however star wars DID take place a long time ago in a galaxy far far away ......🤔

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/espacgu.htm

See, here's the thing.

Solo's DL-44 does little to mask the fact that it is just a heavily modified German Mauser C96 pistol. The C96 was a semi-automatic pistol introduced at the turn of the 20th century. With an attachable wooden stock, the pistol earned the nickname the Broomhandle.

So this makes me wonder if they were inspired by this game to base the Solo blaster on the Mauser. Very interesting.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:47 AM, roboz said:

That's interesting Brian, Never entertained the thought of Someone actually playing these vintage games 

In the late 60's the local amusement park still had fortune tellers, Mutoscopes etc so guess they lingered for quite a while

This isn't space related but sent my 1939 panoram out for repair , Turned out quite nice 

That  may be ella fitzgerald . The machine also had a light finish rejuvenation but everything kept 100% Original 

Hey Oz,

That is definitely not Ella Fitzgerald. I got obsessed with trying to figure out who it was, and after wasting at least an hour searching the web, came up with nothing. Is the title of the film included in the reel?

On 8/31/2020 at 8:45 AM, roboz said:

Thanks again everyone 
To give you a sense of the project
it doesn’t show the BIG hole on one 

side of the rocket 

063A7BE6-FF1D-4C76-AD68-5DBE514F8D4E.jpeg

B9202227-E92A-4A47-A43E-7C3132E90792.jpeg

377069BF-638D-4E08-88F8-82846918B287.jpeg

773C62F8-9957-4C6E-BC06-FB287ECAA760.jpeg

63C0E094-E64C-4B60-B456-FB6C9BADF6D8.jpeg

14FEF40B-2731-4A6E-A293-55158B561F0A.jpeg

B3BDA0DC-32CB-4D78-9611-EB217D68DBF5.jpeg

772068D3-A79C-4190-8973-2106AABE5CE4.jpeg
When I saw the video of the restored rocket, I was highly impressed. After seeing the before pics, I’m gonna have to upgrade that to amazed! Really a phenomenal job.

17 hours ago, Action Robot said:

Hey Oz,

That is definitely not Ella Fitzgerald. I got obsessed with trying to figure out who it was, and after wasting at least an hour searching the web, came up with nothing. Is the title of the film included in the reel?

Good question I'll have to ask , the machine is still at the restorer Maybe he knows 

OK quick question for the 3 people that care about this thread 

Won this ugly game at a small online auction for like 350 bucks

Didn't expect it but wasn't in love with this machine 

Since it needs restored I am considering changing the color scheme 

Keeping the same graphics but perhaps ditch the purple for the teal blue used on many space toys

& maybe the dayglo green to silver but part of me likes the psychadelic colors 

Also considering changing the boring gun design to a space rifle like a Corbett style or ?? 

Thoughts ?? 

I'll post a seperate link showing this operating on youtube 

Space Glider 1.jpg

Space Glider 2.jpg

Space Glider 3.jpg

Space Glider FLyer.jpg

35 minutes ago, Andyman said:

Doesn't really look like a space game. Just a target game with a space paint scheme.

Agree but think I can add much more space theme in a resto mod

No it looks to be a skill game to me. The gun has to hit the ball targets to get them to jump, the ball then randomly find new target homes for the shooter to target.  If the original colors were the green and purple then I would leave it, but if the sold the game with other color designs then I would think about  changing to one of those.

Normally I'm all for preserving the original, warts and all. In this case there's perhaps more to be gained by reworking it slightly. Your investment is low and it isn't one of the classics of the period. A better gun wouldn't hurt. 

12 hours ago, robothut said:

No it looks to be a skill game to me. The gun has to hit the ball targets to get them to jump, the ball then randomly find new target homes for the shooter to target.  If the original colors were the green and purple then I would leave it, but if the sold the game with other color designs then I would think about  changing to one of those.

That's my point. There is no reward for skill. It takes skill to hit the balls but where they end up is random.