Daughter Of Morbius

Morbius

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, guys. She has fun with them too.

ROBERT: Can just imagine THUNDER bowling those guys down....NOT! I've got the opposite situation. I try to tell her to play with them, but she finds them very special. So she compromises by playing gently with them as well as enjoying just having them.

I hear trading cards for kids are on CD now. I wonder how they'll sound in the spokes......... ;)

Robert, I used to collect Yu-gi-oh cards, but after a few minutes they got boring. They're the same as pokemon cards. She'll get tired of them soon!

• 1 month later...

Altaira's Power Rangers were hiding in a closet for a year or so....the glare is from the case which holds her beloved 'die cast' Mechanized Robot.

Behind them is a personal letter from Forest J Ackerman from 1989 regarding his book "Famous Monster of Filmland" which was delayed in printing.

As we had paid him for the book (not knowing it hadn't been printed as yet) he sent us our money back and sent us the book in trust, and to send him payment upon receipt of the book.

post-2-1112388389.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter (Altaira) was painting a horse model and began singing along with the soundtrack from "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" to the song "YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE". She wanted to let Alphadromers know that she has now modified the words to:

"You are my ro-bot,

my only ro-bot

You make me ha-ppy

When skies are gray

You'll never know dear,

How much I love you.

Please don't take my RO-BOT away."

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Altaira's latest ROBOT atwork, a gift to me. She wanted to share it with the ALPHADROMERS! :D

post-2-1115345300.jpg

Great picture, I love the ROUND SQUARE DANCERS !!!

I have several robot pictures from my daughter at the office.

They bring a smile to my face every time I look at them... :)

Yeh, the pictures really get you through the day! I've got many horse photos as well as one of my favourites the Invisible Monster from Jonny Quest.

Here's her UNIVERSE TELEVIBOAT. Amazing toy, bump and go with light - up T.V. camera which kid operates back and forth whenever the ship stops at about every 3rd cycle.

post-2-1115582527.jpg

:lol: Altaira rendered this "INVISIBLE MONSTER" when she had just turned 4 years old and was fast becoming a Jonny Quest fan. I had taped them back in the mid '80's and she watched these old tapes all the time. She now loves the restored DVD version.

post-2-1115582822.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Altaira had to create something to do with math 'units' at school this week and this is what she created to show her teacher about counting them and her class was surprized at what she drew.

B) Can you guess which 'bot this is??

post-2-1117763110.jpg

a lavander robot?

Sorry, Thunder. I've replaced the pic with a proper shade of the original. For some reason, pencil crayons sometimes take on strange hues on PC's sometimes. My Epson stuff's gettin' quirky on me lately!!

In reality it is the 'SONIC ROBOT' or Train Robot. :D

Altaira..that's some collection you have got there...well done & keep collecting! My children think robots are rubbish ! Well, one of them is mad about Daleks, so there is hope yet... :)

Archived