Cart pushing robot "ADAM" based on 1905 patent. 3d printed.

robothut

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robothut

• RoboDerby

• Ranger

• Brian..

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And here is the ADAM robot with lit eyes built. Also showing the head wiring and the little magnets that I added to all the ADAM robots to hold the front battery covers on even if you turn them upside down.

DSC05204.jpg

DSC05201.jpg

DSC05202.jpg

DSC05203.jpg

DSC05200.jpg

So hard to pick favorites from the videosย John. Each one is uniquely cool. Love the color and speed variationsย and the mods. Those lit eyes look fantastic.

Brian is not the only one with more than 1 printer. I think Brian has 4 now counting the resin printer. I have more than enough Robotic 3d printers too help me, well if a person can have to many 3d printers that is.ย 

More printers thanย brains, the wife says.

Five now, John. And an unimpressed wife threatening to leave.ย 

ย 

I downloaded the files and printed a resin version. Actually I mixed regular plastic for the battery cart with resin for the actual robot.

ย 

It's a delightful build. I had a little trouble getting metric parts but it soon took shape. The resin has great detail, but flat panels have a habit of warping. It's a know issue. I'd have to do more work to build a large resin robot.

ย 

I'm sure that most people won't appreciate the detailed design that's gone in to that walking action. It really is well engineered. I see also why he's pushing that great big pair of D Cells - they act as a counterweight to take the load off the robot. Mine has a pair of AA cells with another four old ones to give extra weight. I've also given him the Hayes' trademark limp. It's a lovely little fellow.ย 

ย 

Now I'm working on a little cargo for the cart.ย  Photos soon.ย 

12 minutes ago, Brian.. said:

Five now, John. And an unimpressed wife threatening to leave.ย 

ย 

I downloaded the files and printed a resin version. Actually I mixed regular plastic for the battery cart with resin for the actual robot.

ย 

It's a delightful build. I had a little trouble getting metric parts but it soon took shape. The resin has great detail, but flat panels have a habit of warping. It's a know issue. I'd have to do more work to build a large resin robot.

ย 

I'm sure that most people won't appreciate the detailed design that's gone in to that walking action. It really is well engineered. I see also why he's pushing that great big pair of D Cells - they act as a counterweight to take the load off the robot. Mine has a pair of AA cells with another four old ones to give extra weight. I've also given him the Hayes' trademark limp. It's a lovely little fellow.ย 

ย 

Now I'm working on a little cargo for the cart.ย  Photos soon.ย 

Awesome!! Canโ€™t wait to see it Brian. My first 3 ADAMโ€™s arrived yesterday and they are marvelous! Thanks John!F4453C17-4C91-4981-80ED-236E3CE74FE7.jpeg.44198609b5f460485f7ab4023eb958fa.jpeg8F075CFC-517F-44E5-8E55-EA5C9F860139.jpeg.5e8695c87a544b4c3aca791f164b7b2c.jpeg5A907E7D-3EE4-487B-B80B-7D333AF192DA.jpeg.9e8608cf2dae278d774dfefdd5944826.jpeg6CF7916B-431D-496C-8B48-3746818E964E.jpeg.766276f5046e691c57b938d03bcc34c7.jpegE4ED6D08-DA02-4C03-952E-9C420865C8C1.jpeg.fa63bbf0a4cf027c8947b5d4114708cc.jpeg

Iโ€™ve got it John!!! Increase the size of the ADAM a bit, exchange the cabinet for a vacuum cleaner, and you have a far more charming version of the Roomba! โ€œAvailable with remote control and lit eyes.โ€ย 

ย 

Oooo, will there be an EVE to go with ADAM?!

Can't wait to see Brian and yes filament printing the large cart is the way to go. The Robot uses 2 C ells not D cells. but they are there for ballast as you learned. Finding metric hardware is a big problem in the USA unless I order on line that's why I used Imperial hardware as I can buy it any place and leave it up to the Metric builders to sub there own hardware. The first time I went looking for some 3mm screws to repair a 3d printer every store looked at me like I was crazy, that's so small they said, I said it very common in 3d printers. No luck, had to order then off ebay.