Daiya Ranger - the delivery man was here!

Martian Gil

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martian Gil

• Ranger

• ROBODUDE

• Mick_B

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Martian Gil said:

He's arrived - this guy is dynamite, all functions running well!

I just had time for a couple of (poor) phone photos before I have to run - I'll get a little vid later this afternoon.

Cheers all!

20180414_094529.jpg

20180414_093224.jpg

Great Robot ! Congrats !!! 

23 hours ago, Martian Gil said:

He's arrived - this guy is dynamite, all functions running well!

I just had time for a couple of (poor) phone photos before I have to run - I'll get a little vid later this afternoon.

Cheers all!

20180414_094529.jpg

20180414_093224.jpg

Great Robot ! Congrats !!! 

Good morning all, 

Here's a short clip - I'm working on cleaning him up a bit (he didn't need much) and, I'm working on correcting a slight wobble in his walk.

As fragile as he is, I'd really prefer that he not fall over while loaded up with a couple of fat d cells!    :biggrin:

It's amazing to watch the tin arm swat the bellows in his head - it trips off of the cam that raises his arms.    As my collection grows, I always find more design and innovation that floors me.

Daiya certainly had some incredible and unique designs - I wonder if it was intentional that their creations were so unlike others of the time?   
Or if there was perhaps just eccentric guidance at the top of this company that disallowed them from re-hashing tried and true methods and designs... 

I don't think think they'd be accused of taking the easy way in robot toy sales in that era.

I have to think that several of their robots would have been easily modified (in production) with a tweak here and there to make cost lower and add some marketability, product recognition, etc...   similar to what Nomura, Yonezawa, and others did.    Daiya - nope.

When looking back at much of Daiya's line, I get the feel that most of their pieces are almost like art house pieces.    

Here's how his body is looking at this point.

**note**

many thanks to our old friend Chilli for parting ways with this fellow.   

He's got a nice site with some great photos -  https://www.old-vintage-robot.com/

Cheers all!

20180414_164323.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ranger said:

It really is a great robot. That’s why I chose him as my avatar! 

Ha - maybe your avatar is why is why looking for this robot!      :cheers:

Ranger robot is a real jewel in your collection M.G. , nice to see also that chilli is still in amongst the robots always found his posts interesting. 

2 minutes ago, MetalRobotHead said:

Ranger robot is a real jewel in your collection M.G. , nice to see also that chilli is still in amongst the robots always found his posts interesting. 

Agreed re: Chilli.

Also, I think one of the best vids of the Ranger in action might be one of your clips?    Very cool!

As I suspected,

A great addition and WOW, in such great shape.

someday I'd like to add one of those too.

but for now I'll enjoy looking at yours

Congrats!:thumbs:

Mick, you will not be disappointed with a Ranger!

Here is the old timer doing another lap - the smoking is weak as I seem to have misplaced my oil... (speaking of forgetful old timer)

Wobble rectified and perhaps a couple of future problems headed off.

Repair pics to follow...

AWESOME !!!!!!!  Thanks for the video also Kirk ___P.S.-How does that smoker work? I have always wondered about that!