Major 1 Robot - Limited production robot toy :)

Atomic Robot Bob

18 hours ago, Tinplate6 said:

Bob...where’s my saucer?!

Tinplate, I assume you mean the idea in general?

Ron/Major 1 lives in NY and the last time I talked to him, over 100 people in his immediate area had died from Covid, including his best friend of 50 years.  Ron takes care of his elderly father, so he's hunkered down and reprioritized what he's focusing on right now.

Tim L.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Atomic Robot Bob

• Tinplate6

• Mikebot

• Major1Robot

Tim,

Sorry to hear. Yes, I only meant that I'd buy one if they were available. All my best to Ron, and his family.

Yeah, it's been tough everywhere but I can't imagine being in NY right now.

I'll probably talk to Ron tonight and let him know 🙂

Tim L.

Message from Ron:

"As creator of the Major1Robot I can honestly say that getting a toy made as a private entity is as hard as building a house by yourself; LOTS of problems along the way.  I only wish I had Mattel or Hasbro behind me and it was 1969 all over again!

Right now my Robot is in stock and for sale, and the Command Center play-set is within reach for any collector to make themselves by using our plans/instructions and adding their own touches to it.

The UFO is currently only a prototype and is not available, even in kit form.  It was hard as heck to make, taking me months to plan and locate the right parts for it, so I only have one so far.  Of course, I could make more of them from scratch by hand one-at-a-time -if you are a serious collector, write me directly on how I can make you one for your Major1 Robot.

If, in the future, the Major 1 successfully makes it to the mainstream, then the Play-set and UFO will be available.  Until then they are just custom-made to-order.

As far as a price for the UFO, I am not sure, but I do know they take over 20 hours of work to make just one, so possibly in the $300-$350 range.  They would each be one-of-a-kind since no two would be exactly the same.

Thanks for your interest.  Ron (Major 1)"